IRM announce Tara Wagon

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Fertiliser Wagon

Accurate A class

CIE cattle truck

Proper AEC railcar

six wheel chassis at least, or ideally MGWR standard 6-wheeler.

That's all....

Once we have those, pretty much anything will be possible.

It's great to see freight wagons coming on so well. For years, we've seen increasingly accurate carriages, DARTs and locomotives, but goods stock seems to be poor relation.

In the 1970s, the only way of having Irish stock was to paint a Hornby Jinty in grey, or a Hymek in orange. The only way to have Irish carriages was to paint Mk 2s in either NIR maroon and blue, or CIE orange and black. Even now, many layouts have little choice but to have all the excellent Murphy and Bachmann locos and passenger stock, yet still repainted BR wagons!

Wagons are only just starting to catch up. For realism, the above half dozen items are so essential, that a layout based in the 1950-80 period simply is not realistic without whichever of those standards belongs to these various eras/

You'll be barred from entering Limerick Richie, you'll have to sneak back in every time you want to visit home.

Rich,

Plenty of interest to me in North Wall, and it's only a walk away with the high viz and measuring tape...

(I'll have to snake in to Lmk so tomorrow, wouldn't want any feens robbin the camera, would I kid?)

Fertiliser Wagon

Accurate A class

CIE cattle truck

Proper AEC railcar

That's all....

Once we have those, pretty much anything will be possible.

It's great to see freight wagons coming on so well. For years, we've seen increasingly accurate carriages, DARTs and locomotives, but goods stock seems to be poor relation.

In the 1970s, the only way of having Irish stock was to paint a Hornby Jinty in grey, or a Hymek in orange. The only way to have Irish carriages was to paint Mk 2s in either NIR maroon and blue, or CIE orange and black. Even now, many layouts have little choice but to have all the excellent Murphy and Bachmann locos and passenger stock, yet still repainted BR wagons!

Wagons are only just starting to catch up. For realism, the above half dozen items are so essential, that a layout based in the 1950-80 period simply is not realistic without whichever of those standards belongs to these various eras/

I agree fully JB, though I'm not sure there's demand for 6 wheelers to satisfy the lads' Minimum Order Quantity of 1000 units!

There's no doubt that if you were across the ditch, items that are seen as relatively niche here, would fly out the door, such are the numbers of folk modelling in the UK. But shur we'll keep plugging away, never know what'll land from the sky.

R.

Well here's my guess from fantasy island: :)

• 201 in Black and Tan livery
  • 800 class in cork colours
  • 44000 ICE in Flying snail green livery
  • Bullied open wagon in sapphire blue livery
  • Amiens Street turntable
  • Westland Row newsagents kiosk
  • B113 in enterprise livery

parapet.gif

Back in the real world, I'm sure whatever future products are coming down the tracks from IRM, they will be superb.hyper.gif

Fertiliser Wagon

Accurate A class

CIE cattle truck

Proper AEC railcar

Joking aside, I'd be in the market for all of these including the six wheelers to run with ooworks j15 and JM designs 2-4-0. Probably can't take a thousand since ye're on your feet now.

Pretty detailed quadcopter, Richie. Nice job!!