An other one

Rate this topic

Kirley

After the page after page on this forum about getting the correct chassis with the protypical wheel spacing for an A Class I was sure that someone of you eagle eyes readers would have spotted my latest project.

The chassis came in kit form from Australia and I outsourced the building of it to a friend who did his usual superb job.

IMG_5598.JPG

though we cant be leaving her in that orange miniskirt and nought covering up her legs!! better get back to those patterns I think....

Eoin

looking forward to your 'correct' bogie sides Eoin. In the meantime I added some temporary sides.

This ebay Q Kit purchase started like this

IMG_2911.JPG

and ended thus.

IMG_5600.jpg

IMG_5608.JPG

The old Q Kits Metrovicks were a real diamond in the rough, but got the basics correct and could be built into a convincing model. The less said about the whitemetal version of the A the better.

Kieran does your loco have brass gears or rubber band final drive? I found the Bull Ant with the brass gears extremely noisey and ordered on with rubber band drive for comparison but never got round to using it.

Kieran does your loco have brass gears or rubber band final drive? I found the Bull Ant with the brass gears extremely noisey and ordered on with rubber band drive for comparison but never got round to using it.

John, double rubber bands, see picture of chassis at #3 above