WANTED - MM5609 - Murphy Models coach

Rate this topic

Ray1964

Hi All,

I'm looking for a Murphy Models coach MM5609 (EGV in IE with orange roof).

I would really appreciate any help in finding one as it completes a set for me.

Thanks in advance,

Ray.

Hi Ray

If you don't have any luck you could consider two options for ending up with an orange roof mk2d EGV. First option is buy a current retail stock MM5604 or MM5608 EGV in Supertrain livery, and get somebody like Grahams Resprays or George Conna to spray the two white stripes on in so that it would then be IE/IR livery. Or a second option is to buy a Galway livery mk2d EGV from eBay or somebody and get it resprayed by similar respray vendors.

Noel

Hi Noel, I want the original Murphy Model one as I'm a collector and it's the last remaining one I don't have.

Regards,

Ray.

Hi Ray

If you don't have any luck you could consider two options for ending up with an orange roof mk2d EGV. First option is buy a current retail stock MM5604 or MM5608 EGV in Supertrain livery, and get somebody like Grahams Resprays or George Conna to spray the two white stripes on in so that it would then be IE/IR livery. Or a second option is to buy a Galway livery mk2d EGV from eBay or somebody and get it resprayed by similar respray vendors.

Noel

Dont know why they are so hard to find Ray

Same amount of Black & Oranged roof ones were made

Still a few Black roofed ones around but haven't seen an Orange roofed one in ages

March 2011 they were issued so I suppose after 5 1/2 years it not too surprising

Hi Dave, perhaps a reason the MM orange EGVs are so rare is that folk bought them when first released to go with their existing 'Lima' mk2 stock, hence not enough to go with the MM Mk2d sets when released. Fact or fiction, I've no idea but it seems plausible. Noel

Hi Dave, perhaps a reason the MM orange EGVs are so rare is that folk bought them when first released to go with their existing 'Lima' mk2 stock, hence not enough to go with the MM Mk2d sets when released. Fact or fiction, I've no idea but it seems plausible. Noel

I'm sure that's why. People were finally able to complete existing rakes. A re-run of the orange roofs EGV would probably sell out again, not to mention we never saw more than a few individual numbers in the coaches themselves. I could do with a few more to be honest

What really miffs me is why run a rake with all Orange or black roofs?

They were always of mixed format, a case of the next coach in line being added from the carriage shed

Also a Galway Restaurant or EGV added to a rake of InterCity liveried Mk 2's makes a nice combination, one that was seen on the network

• 3 weeks later...
What really miffs me is why run a rake with all Orange or black roofs?

They were always of mixed format, a case of the next coach in line being added from the carriage shed

Also a Galway Restaurant or EGV added to a rake of InterCity liveried Mk 2's makes a nice combination, one that was seen on the network

Hi Dave. They seemed pretty uniform rakes in the 70s, 80s and early 90s. When did they start painting roofs black? The orange roofed model EGVs seem as rare as hens teeth. I've never seen one for sale. Noel

Some did retain orange roofs until they were withdrawn. An IE set before early 2000 would have had orange roofs, mind you it was hard to see under all the roof dirt. IR Inter City liveried coaches would be all orange. There was a GAA special set in Waterford in 2005 that had a mix of orange and black roofs. So there is a good timeline to run both colors in the post 2001-02 era.

Rich,

• 2 months later...