Sign in to follow this  
David Holman

New Irish Lines

Mine just appear in the email box and seems to contain something for everybody.

Real history buffs will relish in detailed articles on stock numbering, but for me there are two significant highlights. Firstly a well illustrated article of Killybegs in 10mm scale. Stunning pictures of what is clearly a very classy model. Second, a 7mm scale model of the proposed SLNCR Garrett. Well it would tickle my fancy, wouldn't it?

Also there is an interesting article on Clogher station, so Christmas has clearly come early for me. Congratulations to Alan & his team on yet another fine magazine.

Paper copy overseas this near to Christmas? Happy to receive my PDF with everyone else and limit the costs to help keep this alive. Nice job, guys!

Postage from the UK to the rest of the world is reasonably fast, I received my copy within a week of postage.

The postal subscription is the main source of income for New Irish Lines, though Alan will accept donations to support the electronic version on the website http://newirishlines.org/about/

1 hour ago, Maitland said:

Is NIL still going? Neither the website nor the Facebook page has been updated since 2015.

Still going, the online archive is updated regularly. 

Posted off my renewal sub on Friday.

Publication dates (2 issues per annum) are a bit 'flexible' but it does build up to a useful resource over time.

Glover

Received my copy of the May edition today. My 8 year old daughter was particularly taken by Patrick Davy's article on modelling GNR(I) signal cabin and waiting shelter and demanded that I build a copy of the cabin in the article rather than a Midland or GSWR cabin.

• Funny 1

9 hours ago, Mayner said:

Received my copy of the May edition today. My 8 year old daughter was particularly taken by Patrick Davy's article on modelling GNR(I) signal cabin and waiting shelter and demanded that I build a copy of the cabin in the article rather than a Midland or GSWR cabin.

She has good taste and knows good style when she see's it.

They do look great and i liked the wagon photo's & diagrams.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Chuffed to hear that Mayner!!  Thanks for all the nice comments above.  Nice edition of NIL - some lovely models, especially the model of the Curragh siding, very impressive!

Edited by Patrick Davey