Photos for future modellers

Rate this topic

An open letter, I suppose, to the likes of Finnyus, Hurricane, The Wanderer and others among the excellent photographic community that exists now....

Few as the photos were that I took (in the mid 1970s film was dear, as was processing, and I got pocket money rather than state employee's pay cheques), I always thought in terms of the potential use I might make of them if ever I decided to make models of any. Little did I know that I would go down the continental narrow gauge route, though if I hadn't, why would I try to make models when messrs SSM, Provincial, Murphy, Worsley, IRM and many others are doing a better job.....

Anyway, my point is - it might be of interest if you folks of the upper-drawer photographic community had perhaps a data base of straight side-on and end views, above roof views, and detail views of each type of loco, coach, wagon and yellow machine variety over the years... We all know how beneficial a flat side-on view is to modellers.

Maybe you have already; just a thought. Meanwhile, keep up the excellent and necessary work of recording every detail of the railway.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...