SLNCR Railbus

Rate this question

keefs

Question

Would anyone have any drawings, photos or reference material for the SLNCR railbuses please?

I have seen the drawings for railcar B in the resources section, but it is the earlier railbuses I am interested in. These were similar to the GNRI railbuses, so drawings of the GNRI versions may be useful too.

I should mention that this is for a larger scale model so kit bashing isn't an option.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Edited by keefs

9 answers to this question

When I did my 7mm scale version, I used the Alphagraphix card kit as the starting point, Keith.

Cost the princely sum of three quid, so just used it as a drawing to build mine from nickel silver and plastic sheet.

Made the Howden Meredith patent wheels by adding a slice from a Corgi Classic road bus wheel.

Alphagraphix advertise in Railway Modeller, but do not have a website. You have to send postage stamps in return for a catalogue.

I am sure you will be fine, Keith. I just used the card kit as a drawing for all the dimensions, then photos to get the details, plus a bit of guesswork on the interior. What scale are you planning? Even in 7mm scale it is still a very small model, so am sure anything bigger will not only make like a bit easier, but allow a fine model too. Keeps us posted!

Thanks David. I've sent for the Alphagraphix catalogue and like you I'll probably use the kit as a drawing to scale from. I've already made a basic drawing on CAD using photos, but the kit should help to firm up some dimensions and proportions. The model will be in 5" gauge - rather larger than most models discussed on here! It will be powered by an electric motor and it should be capable of pulling an adult around the track at the MESNI site at Cultra. Due to the size of the batteries, controller and motor, it may not be possible to fit any kind of interior, but hopefully the design work will prove otherwise!

I'll keep this thread updated as work proceeds...

Keith