Help - need small piece of paving

Rate this question

GNRi1959

Question

17 answers to this question

Paddy, tyhis platform is part-commercial part scratch built. I used the Peco stone faced platform edging strips (LK -62), faced with Wills course stone SSMP200 (cut into 15mm strips) and glued direct to the Peco platform edging. When I am happy with the clearances and shape of the edging I stuck it down with UHU glue. When dry, I decked it with Will Victorian paving SSMP221, carefully scribed to fit. It works! Don't forget to throw away those awful printed stone stickers that come with the Peco platform edging.

Edited by TonyMcGartland

On the subject of platforms, in my early model days with an oval of Triang track, an 0.4.0 outline, two trucks and a guard's van, I noticed something in my first Triang Hornby catalogue. It was that most, or at least many, model platforms seem to have tapered ends. I'm not sure why - maybe for flexibility given layout curves in general. They regularly crop up on layouts.

It is worth pointing out that both here and in Britain, such things were the exception rather than the rule, even when converging tracks were just off the end of the platform. That at the Loop Platform in Downpatrick (the original BCDR one) is one of the few examples I can think of. Generally, platforms are better having ends the same width as the rest of it.....

On the subject of platforms, in my early model days with an oval of Triang track, an 0.4.0 outline, two trucks and a guard's van, I noticed something in my first Triang Hornby catalogue. It was that most, or at least many, model platforms seem to have tapered ends. I'm not sure why - maybe for flexibility given layout curves in general. They regularly crop up on layouts.

It is worth pointing out that both here and in Britain, such things were the exception rather than the rule, even when converging tracks were just off the end of the platform. That at the Loop Platform in Downpatrick (the original BCDR one) is one of the few examples I can think of. Generally, platforms are better having ends the same width as the rest of it.....

The loop platform at Ballybrophy has a slight taper on the outside of the ramps at each end, but it's only following the taper of the platform itself.