bantree

Bantry Town Station 1950's

Where did you get the Gaelic script font for the nameboard on the signal cabin? It's spot on - most modern Irish fonts are nothing like what the GSR used on those enamel signs.

• Like 1

Lovely work, really looks like the real thing.

Many thanks for kind comments every one. JHB-I found the Gaelic script by searching Google and found a site for Microsoft with a script  called Bunchlo GC .

Purely by guesswork I selected this as it looked correct for Bantry-it then appeared in my Excel spreadsheet list of fonts-how I achieved this I do not know

as I am not that clever with modern technology!

Have attached a couple more pics as I have now weathered the snack bar.hope I have not overdone it.

DSCF2187.JPG

DSCF2189.JPG

• Informative 1

Got it! But it won't download..... keeps going on about loading it into Dropbox, then nothing happens.....

I have just had a look at the site but cannot remember how I transferred the Font to Excel-sorry

Have you tried the Fontspace site?- It looked a bit easier

Posted (edited)

It tried to give me the option to "open in a spreadsheet"....

?????????????

7 hours ago, bantree said:

Have attached a couple more pics as I have now weathered the snack bar.hope I have not overdone it.

In truth, Bantree, you can never weather anything too much. Pavements, fenceposts, buildings, sheds, track, ground surfaces, locos and rolling stock in REAL life are ALWAYS weathered. Tha building looks fantastic.

Look at any layout that strikes you as especially realistic scenery-wise, or in respect of the trains running, and I'll guarantee you that weathering has been liberally applied to everything.

For those aspiring to accuracy, it's actually a much underrated aspect of our hobby, I think. 

Edited by jhb171achill

20 hours ago, bantree said:

Many thanks for kind comments every one. JHB-I found the Gaelic script by searching Google and found a site for Microsoft with a script  called Bunchlo GC .

Purely by guesswork I selected this as it looked correct for Bantry-it then appeared in my Excel spreadsheet list of fonts-how I achieved this I do not know

as I am not that clever with modern technology!

DSCF2187.JPG

DSCF2189.JPG

Fabulous and by pure co-incidence remarkably like the little shop that used to open at Mountshannon beach swimming area on Lough Derg until just a few years ago.