Coming to a Steam Shed near you - the Class UG is in the Post!

Rate this topic

leslie10646

I suppose the final arbiter is what's on the RPSIs "Jeep" No. 4, which is correct.

Technically, "straw" is a very pale yellow brown; beige even. Cream or whitish cream is way too light.

After a few weeks working the issue of wrong coloured boiler bands disappears under the usual grime on a steam engine.

IMG_0920.JPG

IMG_0928.JPG

I emailed Rebecca at 00 Works about the possibility of a short run of UG class locos and this was her response.....

"Nice to hear from you. I have been informed that we arent going to do a second re run, as we just haven't had enough numbers to do so.

We will have another Irish loco being announced around Oct. and available next year all going to plan.

thanking you for thinking of us."

Edited by TonyMcGartland

I emailed Rebecca at 00 Works about the possibility of a short run of UG class locos and this was her response.....

"Nice to hear from you. I have been informed that we arent going to do a second re run, as we just haven't had enough numbers to do so.

We will have another Irish loco being announced around Oct. and available next year all going to plan.

thanking you for thinking of us."

Nil Desperandum.

My list of would-be owners is growing, so I may yet persuade R&R to change their minds.

But Guys, I need some more would be owners!!!!

Send me a PM or preferably em,ail me at my well-known address

lesliemcalister@aol.com

Thanks

Leslie

• 2 months later...

I have been running my UG class on my test track as a passenger. It certainly has the ability to pull. I loaded several RPSI bogies as s substitute for UTA green and then added some orange. I believe that I had 7-8 on there before the top speed was noticeably limited but probably still above scale top speed of 60mph for the UG.

The problem: Reversing. The tender derails even with a single bogies when starting on a 2nd radius Code 100 curve probably because it is too light. I was wondering about others members experience with the UG. Perhaps it may do better with Leslie's GNR 4w wagons.