Noel

Kingsbridge - paint shop

Posted (edited)
On 24/12/2017 at 6:21 PM, popeye said:

Very good, that makes a big difference. :tumbsup: 

Thanks. The weathering needs some more work but I'm relatively content with the results so far. The pristine grey colour is spot on with the prototype fresh out of the paint shop (see attached pic below).  That is an advantage of getting these superb models in pristine condition rather than factory weathered, folks have the choice to run and weather to their own taste and skill. On the next batch I'm going to try maskol to preserve some of the white numbering better, and some sort of texture material on the tops of the bubbles to represent thick layers of cement while also trying to avoid a hairy stubble effect. I hand painted the wheel sides with frame dirt. The out of the box models look so nice I may keep and run a few of the ivory and orange ones pristine as samples of the originals. Does anybody have side on photos of the prototype orange bubbles in traffic?

OrangeCementBubbles.thumb.jpg.41b5bbbeb7354368ebbca1e4327b4b89.jpg

Edited by Noel
typo

3 minutes ago, Noel said:

The out of the box models look so nice I may keep and run a few of the ivory and orange ones pristine as samples of the originals. Does anybody have side on photos of the prototype orange bubbles in traffic?

OrangeCementBubbles.thumb.jpg.41b5bbbeb7354368ebbca1e4327b4b89.jpg

You could always buy some more and have a pristine and weathered rake to run, we wouldn’t object!xD (in all seriousness we’ve had customers specify that they are doing that.)

Joking aside, lovely job Noel. We are loving the sight of people personalising the models!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Warbonnet said:

You could always buy some more and have a pristine and weathered rake to run, we wouldn’t object!xD (in all seriousness we’ve had customers specify that they are doing that.)

Joking aside, lovely job Noel. We are loving the sight of people personalising the models!

Cheers Fran.  Shhh - don't let the cat out of the bag, there is a version of that plan afoot!  But I'll have to save some budget for IRM A(001) and MM 121.:) Cement bubbles occasionally ran in mixed rake formations which may be a way to achieve running a few bubbles with other fitted stock. 

The ongoing experimenting and learning how to weather stock has been fun and really enjoyable, yet scary as heck at times. The next big step is opening up one of these beauties to fit working tail lamps - scares the daylights out of me that I may not be able to put Humpty Dumpty back together again afterwards!!! :)  

Edited by Noel
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Noel said:

But I'll have to save some budget for IRM A(001) .:) 

I seem to have missed this announcement??