NIR GMs in 2017

Rate this topic

dave182

With most of Irish Rails 071 Class overhauled and the wrong side of 40 years old, I was just wondering about the status of NIR's 3 members of the class (111,112,113).

Are they in good condition and are they seeing much use these days?

What is the bodywork and paint like, for example?

With most of Irish Rails 071 Class overhauled and the wrong side of 40 years old, I was just wondering about the status of NIR's 3 members of the class (111,112,113).

Are they in good condition and are they seeing much use these days?

What is the bodywork and paint like, for example?

I belive they are in a good condition, as the went through a over haul not too long ago. They currently see a lot of PWD work and the odd RPSI rescue mission. If I remember tomorrow, i'll post some detailed photos of em' from my last depot tour in YRD in 2016.

I'm curious as to why NIR still use the old NIR logo on them, as the "translink" brand has been on the go now for twenty years!

I would have thought that they might have tried to incorporate them into their "corporate image" by painting them the current shade of darker blue, as on railcars for many years now, with the oval "Translink" thing!

I'm curious as to why NIR still use the old NIR logo on them, as the "translink" brand has been on the go now for twenty years!

I would have thought that they might have tried to incorporate them into their "corporate image" by painting them the current shade of darker blue, as on railcars for many years now, with the oval "Translink" thing!

Shush! .....(please, no:praying:)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
They've been on the move double heading with ballast wagons as trials.

That might explain the three wagons sitting in a siding at Central Station yesterday then. I also noticed some shiny new Works wagons at the Ballymena yard too. I'll try and get a few photos of them this week.

Paul

They could well be Hurricane. From the little I saw of them they looked like low sided rectangular skips of which two were sitting on each wagon. The wagon underframe looked very used whereas the skips were new. Pics later hopefully.

Paul