Dropbox

Rate this topic

Kirley

Since 2015 I have been using Dropbox to upload most of my photographs for my Workbench and Layout threads.

Earlier in the year Dropbox announced it was no longer supporting the upload of photographs for Public viewing.

Since then I have used this Sites own method of uploading photographs direct from my PC but I did not realise that all my Dropbox uploads would disappear from the Site.

Please accept my apologies for anyone looking up old posting and not finding any photographs. There is just to many to upload them all again.

Since 2015 I have been using Dropbox to upload most of my photographs for my Workbench and Layout threads.

Earlier in the year Dropbox announced it was no longer supporting the upload of photographs for Public viewing.

Since then I have used this Sites own method of uploading photographs direct from my PC but I did not realise that all my Dropbox uploads would disappear from the Site.

Please accept my apologies for anyone looking up old posting and not finding any photographs. There is just to many to upload them all again.

Sorry to hear that Kieran, that's a real bother, but nothing you can do about it, so no need to apologise. Your workbench and layout photos are epic, and will be a loss. Perhaps while they are still available to view, you could transfer a few choice ones to another host and re-posted them in a KJ archive posting.

This is the great catastrophe that is picture hosting. Too many of these sites disappear or alter terms etc . The only way is to hoist on the site with the message itself

BY THE WAY, did Dropbox actually forbid photo sharing, I thought the idea was dropped. I can still share links to photos

This is the great catastrophe that is picture hosting. Too many of these sites disappear or alter terms etc . The only way is to hoist on the site with the message itself

BY THE WAY, did Dropbox actually forbid photo sharing, I thought the idea was dropped. I can still share links to photos

FCUK'd by another online site. I was wondering where the original BUT car photos had gone to the other night. In discussion before we highlighted the option of "storing a local copy" which you can click on when uploading so it is actually stored on the IRM site servers. Many threads have had their photos disappear when the original folders are rearranged or renamed online even when the host doesn't disappear. I expect the motivation for Dropbox was to get rid of high volume data types to allow it to continue to offer services without having to host huge data volumes associated with photos.

A terrible shame but nothing you can do at this point

Edited by DiveController