The Munster Double (double head 071)

Rate this topic

snapper

Not working for me either now. I'll repost them as embedded photos tomorrow. There is a bug in the forum that's deleting attached JPG files about an hour or two after they are attached. (I.e. Vbulletin thinks they were not referenced so auto deleted after a timeout).

This seems to only affect posts with more than one attachment.

Edited by Noel

Great to meet so many IRM-ers and others yesterday!

Likewise a pleasure as always jhb.

Great sight to see two heritage locos, both very well turned out along with the coaches all spotless,

A credit to all who put time and effort into the tour, although I only met it in Tralee it must have

been a very enjoyable trip. unfortunately on the day I could only find a tablet that I was not familiar with to take photos with, I thought I had some great shots when I got home most were of the platform ah well.

Video clip of some stills and video segments from last Saturdays RPSI Munster Double Rail tour with two 071 class locos 073 and 071 both in stunning retro liveries and both in stunning condition, running for first time in a double head consist, hauling nine coaches (8x Cravens + GSV).

Video clip of some stills and video segments from last Saturdays RPSI Munster Double Rail tour with two 071 class locos 073 and 071 both in stunning retro liveries and both in stunning condition, running for first time in a double head consist, hauling nine coaches (8x Cravens + GSV).

Another superb video of the historic event on Irish railways,well done Noel.

Some video of the Munster Double that I took:

Excellent video Robbie. Tastefully shot and edited. Love the opening scene. :tumbsup:

PS: I was surprised how 'some' folk just jumped in the way of other folks cameras without any apparent consideration.

Thanks everyone!

As was the case in Mallow, that folk was myself, d'oh! :facepalm:

Nice gentleman @ 2m23s in shot :) Most folks seemed to try their best, but there were one or two who got 'short shift' and verbals from the passenger 'paparazzi' pack in Cork when they wandered into shot. ;)