A Class for sale

Rate this topic

Mike 84C

The prices listed on that website are far below what SF are charging for a finished model - SF are still charging around £148 sterling for a completed A with a Hornby dcc chassis. I don't know if the locos being sold by DB Models are up to that spec? previously they have been fitted with older type pancake motors with erratic running characteristics. It may be worth checking this as I bought one from SF a long time ago and Eamonn of this parish was kind enough to refit her with a cut and shut deltic chassis for smoother, slower running etc. I will not go into the any other issues which the top modellers on here have raised about the accuracy shortfalls of these models, other than to say, that they are fulfilling a need for some-including me-unitl, hopefully an RTR version is produced to the standards with which we are now accustomed.

. . . SF are still charging around £148 sterling for a completed A with a Hornby dcc chassis. . .

Agree GBP£148 seems expensive for a mediocre running chassis with no lights (not to mention a 'shovel') :)

. . . other than to say, that they are fulfilling a need for some-including me. . .

Myself included, and has indeed admirably filled a gap in the RTR market but can be detailed and improved by folks with both the experience and time . . .

. . . hopefully an RTR version is produced to the standards with which we are now accustomed.

. . . while waiting for the Inevitable RTR Model that may one day substantially raise the bar for quality and precision