Belmond train dser

Rate this question

Sulzer201

Question

I got a shock to see the Belmond hibernian train passing rathnew today heading south around 3.20pm. I believe the train has stabled in gorey for tonight. Would anyone know the schedule for Sunday? I'm guessing she won't cross the barrow bridge with a 201? I would love to snap it tomorrow, a real train on the dser is very rare now. Thanks in advance.

9 answers to this question

Railtours Ireland Cobh-Killarney special train (3x ICR) will run again on Wednesday coming. Leaves Cobh 08:40, one of extremely few trains to operate non stop through Cork. Ex Killarney 14:25 from memory.

A 3 piece ICR not quite as exciting as 10 piece MK3 :)

A 3 piece ICR not quite as exciting as 10 piece MK3 :)

'Tis true, Snapper.

At my vintage, neither an ICR, nor a Mk 3 train nor a container train or yellow machine would pass any interest test, if some sort of 2.4.0 came along in charge of a mixed train of a couple of six-wheelers and a few cattle trucks!

'Tis true, Snapper.

At my vintage, neither an ICR, nor a Mk 3 train nor a container train or yellow machine would pass any interest test, if some sort of 2.4.0 came along in charge of a mixed train of a couple of six-wheelers and a few cattle trucks!

Oh I hear you JB, I'm with you. :) I don't like coaches over 61ft myself, nor goods wagons that have bogies, nor pax trains without an engine pulling up front. A goods train without a brake van seems like a sentence missing a full stop. :) Container trains seem so dull and rather 'Fischer price' compared to goods trains of old carrying all manner of nostalgia. :) Don't mention 'yellow' unless it's C201 black livery with the yellow warning panel.

Oh I hear you JB, I'm with you. :) I don't like coaches over 61ft myself, nor goods wagons that have bogies, nor pax trains without an engine pulling up front. A goods train without a brake van seems like a sentence missing a full stop. :) Container trains seem so dull and rather 'Fischer price' compared to goods trains of old carrying all manner of nostalgia. :) Don't mention 'yellow' unless it's C201 black livery with the yellow warning panel.

Never a truer word, Noel.

Let's hope that Midland six-wheelers and "D" class 4.4.0s replace the ICRs once the internal temperature melts them entirely...... and that the entire Mk 4 and 29000 fleet disappears into Lecarrow ballast pit, having been "accidentally" shunted by 800 on its trial run after restoration....

Never a truer word, Noel.

Let's hope that Midland six-wheelers and "D" class 4.4.0s replace the ICRs once the internal temperature melts them entirely...... and that the entire Mk 4 and 29000 fleet disappears into Lecarrow ballast pit, having been "accidentally" shunted by 800 on its trial run after restoration....

:) ROFL - Ah now that might be going a little too far. I do like travelling to Cork on mk4 city gold, but on my iPad I listen to sound tracks with clackety clack noises, whistles and steam chuffs. But not a patch compared to the comfort of travelling in a laminate corridor coach.

Edited by Noel

:) ROFL - Ah now that might be going a little too far. I do like travelling to Cork on mk4 city gold, but on my iPad I listen to sound tracks with clackety clack noises, whistles and steam chuffs. But not a patch compared to the comfort of travelling in a laminate corridor coach.

Downpatrick is the future for that! By degrees, Park Royal No. 1944 is under restoration, though as always manpower and money is short.....