murrayec

Inchicore Class J10 Conversion From LNER J72

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28610[/ATTACH]

rolf.gif That's just brilliant

Excellent!!!!!!

I heard that driver has made a formal complaint to the PHBTU (Peco, Hornby and Bachmann Trade Union).

You may be getting a solicitors letter! :-)

Hi

Well on a busy Friday morning last in Greystones

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28604[/ATTACH]

617 setout from the shop with a light train for its first trials, things did not go well and the lads had to limp back to the shop. They did take in the sights and snapped a few shots while stopped at the Breeches waiting for the Wicklow Commuter to go by, and have a chat with Paddy- who has been working on that rock removal for the past year....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28605[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28606[/ATTACH]

Back in the workshop with assessment made it was decided that the electrical pick up was the main problem for failure and I set about improving this- two PB strips were made up to push against the wheel boss from the underside, making contact with the wheels and the chassis improved the pick up immensely.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28607[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28608[/ATTACH]

Springs n wheels in place and keeper plate about to go on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28609[/ATTACH]

Then off to the test track......

Eoin

Looks fantastic Eoin. I'd say the signalman is sunburned with the light so bright in the signal box!

I have really enjoyed watching this thread. To have taken the model as received and to have re worked it to this standard is truly great modelling, top work sir. I don't want to veer from the thread topic and I know I have no reason to need one, but I need to put cash aside and get one of these Darts. From what was announced at the beginning to what is being produced now it's a top model, I really like it.

Rich,

Looks fantastic Eoin. I'd say the signalman is sunburned with the light so bright in the signal box!

Hi Dave

He's going to be OK!

my phone is brutal with light and I pushed the picture a bit as it was quite dark which enhanced all the lights. We do have one of your light control units but we forgot to turn them down......

Eoin

Hi

617 had its buffers painted red, SMM decal number added to the front buffer beam, new axle spacers and final drive gear installed which has improved the running- minimal lurch now. I sourced the replacement axle spacers from Peters Spares....

59eb9aaa4f882_J10C-87IMAG3371.jpg.b08a3cf0c6526477fb2533d31664c31c.jpg

And a shot pulling a bit of freight out at Greystones yesterday morning59eb9ae39f010_GS-196IMAG3381.jpg.91ea092d26c535d7d7dbb4d58562ad9a.jpg

Eoin

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1

Definately  a superb conversion, the running after fitting the new pickup is a revelation!  The line on the foreshore looks very good, well done.

• Like 1