Where is it?

Rate this topic

Detracting from the pantomime a little, can I suggest yee all get yeer butts and bikes down to the Deise Greenway pronto? I cycled it from Dungarvan to Blaa City and back a few weeks ago with Er' Indoors and it blows the Western and Barnagh out of the water.

The quality really is there, given they spent c.€300k a kilometer as versus the standard €60k. I'll pop up a few photos later, but the highlights are the coastal approach to Dungarvan, the Ballyvoyle tunnel,the Kilmacthomas viaduct and the estuary approach to Waterford.

These see-through bridges are all the rage these days.

And superb drainage for those who aren't too keen on using them....

I can't give it away much more! :) Clue it is in Munster. How the structure of that bridge carried a diesel loco is beyond me!

CycleWayNN04.JPG

Edited by Noel

You'll want the fit of your health to do that cycle at speed. Gravel paths, swing gates and a 500' elevation. Fabulous going through the woods though near Templeglatine.

Now if they can only get the stretch to Listowel finished.

These see-through bridges are all the rage these days.

And superb drainage for those who aren't too keen on using them....

Hi

We did a refurb job in Ship Street for the OPW many moons ago, my boss decided to do the stairs the same way! The ladies refused to use the stairs until a carpet was installed- Architectural No No....

Eoin

Hi

We did a refurb job in Ship Street for the OPW many moons ago, my boss decided to do the stairs the same way! The ladies refused to use the stairs until a carpet was installed- Architectural No No....

Eoin

I went to Rugeley power station in the '80s and found myself 150 foot up on an expanded metal floor, with a clear view right down to the concrete that would have stopped my fall.

It wasn't people looking up my skirt that bothered me at the time.

It'll be 00 scale push bikes and Lycra next....!

No way - we wear ordinary cloths when we are on the bikes, just tuck trousers into our socks. I don't dress up like Michael Schumacher when driving a car so I simply don't understand why some folk dress up like Stephen Roche or Sean Kelly when going for a leisure cycle. :)

Bring on the grey 121s!

Yummie - agree 100%, can't wait for the grey liveried Murphy Model 121 release this autumn. The livery has quite grown on me especially because of memories travelling behind them to Galway in the 1960s. The grey 121 can haul flying snail green coaches as well as black'n'tan, and indeed mixed livery rakes. I still find it difficult to believe that bridge structure was able to carry the weight of a 121 and rolling stock.

Near mulranney Achill line?

Correct. We hired electrically assisted bicycles last year for the great western greenway and really enjoyed it. Stunning scenery, some woodland settings like a harry potter setting, and most of the route nowhere near roads. The silence combined with the views out to sea was memorable.

http://www.greenway.ie

Trail-Map-01.jpg

Edited by Noel