Writing my University Thesis - can you spare a few minutes to help me!

Rate this topic

Jimbo325ci

Hey fellas,

Im currently doing a Masters Degree in Human Factors in Aviation. Im almost done, just need to get over the hardest bit - my thesis!

The purpose of the study is to explore attitudes toward the use of handheld laser pointers directed at aircraft.

I would really appreciate if you had a few minutes to fill out my questionnaire - the more replies the better so feel free to share with friends and family....

Heres the link : https://coventry.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/thesis-survey

Thanks in advance

Jamie

One word - jail.

Oh, the infernal use of modern spelling and phrases. Gaol. That's what the laser shining Guttersnipes and hooligans deserve.

Gaol - "Its most common use today is in the names of jails, but it is still possible to find a few scattered instances of gaol as a common noun in recent writing. For reasons mysterious to us, it appears to be most common in Ireland and Australia."

I too have completed your Survey - Very interesting.

Edited by Old Blarney

Oh, the infernal use of modern spelling and phrases. Gaol. That's what the laser shining Guttersnipes and hooligans deserve.

Gaol - "Its most common use today is in the names of jails, but it is still possible to find a few scattered instances of gaol as a common noun in recent writing. For reasons mysterious to us, it appears to be most common in Ireland and Australia."

:facepalm:

Can we keep this on topic, please?

Done. Good luck with your Thesis. An important flight safety issue that has probably at one time or another effected many reading this thread without them ever being aware. I won't post any comments on the survey content so as not to distort other respondents answers.

Big issue for me in that they're so readily available, so the attacks can be coming from anyone, such as young children, some of who clearly have no idea how dangerous what they're doing is! Need to be banned outright and more awareness needs to be raised around schools on the potentially fatal consequences.

Big issue for me in that they're so readily available, so the attacks can be coming from anyone, such as young children, some of who clearly have no idea how dangerous what they're doing is! Need to be banned outright and more awareness needs to be raised around schools on the potentially fatal consequences.

They don't need to be banned. They need to be restricted to people who have a use for them. It's easy enough to restrict their sale to adults and adults should be smart enough to keep them to themselves.

Mighty handy on site pointing out things out of reach to Clients and Builders....

Yes that's the main purpose I have seen them used for in recent years. Mind you, if ya had taller clients and stopped working with shortie builders they might be able to reach! :) :)

• 4 months later...

Hi all, just wanted to say Thank you to those who filled out the questionnaire. I had over 200 responses in the end.

After 2 years of study it’s now over (finally), passed with merit which I’m very pleased with. My paper has been submitted to an aviation conference in Atlanta next year, so all going well an adapted version might get published!

Hopefully a little bit of modelling will start again!

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1

Hi all, just wanted to say Thank you to those who filled out the questionnaire. I had over 200 responses in the end.

After 2 years of study it’s now over (finally), passed with merit which I’m very pleased with. My paper has been submitted to an aviation conference in Atlanta next year, so all going well an adapted version might get published!

Hopefully a little bit of modelling will start again!

Congratulations Jimbo!