GSWR "60" class 4.4.0s

Rate this question

Colin R

Question

14 answers to this question

Cheers Kirley

I will ask Alan to see what he has.

Colin

Tim Cramer built an O Gauge model of superheated D14 No 61 in lined green CIE livery and published an article on the "Irish Greyhounds" incl scale drawings in an Irish Modelling special published with British Railway Modelling April 2014.

The special included articles with coloured photos on Tony Raggs O Gauge Knockmore Junction & Noel Dodd's Greystones layout a staple of the Irish exhibition circuit during the late 1980s

There's even a free pdf to download online but I didn't see the supplement

Hi there was the download part of the magazine? or is that at a different web address?

Just found the Irish supplement so that can be added to the list.

Colin

Edited by Colin R

Hi there was the download part of the magazine? or is that at a different web address?

Just found the Irish supplement so that can be added to the list.

Colin

It was a printed insert, and about as handy as chocolate teapot. All the drawings were scaled differently in the X Axis to the Y Axis so had a slightly elliptical profile to them. I took a fancy to an 0-6-0 GSWR, scanned it, then discovered the error whilst trying to re-draw it. It was mentioned to the editor, and I got no satisfaction. Stopped subscribing and contributing. R

I have got the supplement which only has a drawing for a class 60 but not the GSWR 0-6-0 Can you let me have more details about the 0-6-0 such as what was it class and if you know the builder, I will start a search for some works drawings.

Colin