Pilgrimage to Wexford - Ballybeg, Llangollen, and Cynwyd

Rate this topic

Noel

Two intrepid modelling travellers made a pilgrimage to Wexford last week to receive a guided tour of four stunning layouts. We were treated to multiple stock operations on the layouts. A huge thank you to 'Irishrailwayman' for his hospitality and showing two visitors some of his wonderful layouts.

Llangollen - N gauge - After seeing this stunning layout and its incredible detail I was won over to N gauge.

IMG_2146.jpg

Llangollen - N gauge - There is so much detail your eyes almost miss it. For example the kayakers in the river, the insides of buildings, drapes, curtains and roller blinds, the roof detail, weeds, weathering, it is a master class. The road traffic can changed to match the period of railway stock from 1930s right up to the 00s.

IMG_2149.jpg

Cynwyd - N gauge - West country BR scenes right up my street. Just reeking of the 1950s, and a GWR pannier tank to push me off my perch.

IMG_2145.jpg

Ballybeg - Stunning scene outside a country pub - the placement and use of figures makes it totally realistic and alive

IMG_2160.jpg

Ballybeg - Lock scene of a summers day - again this layout is alive with model humans doing real life. Amazing!

IMG_2161.jpg

Ballybeg - Signal box - wow, one working and one looking on as the kettle boils on the stove

IMG_2158.jpg

Ballybeg - Beautiful B101 running with stunning DCC sound chip (similar to BR class 24 engine)

IMG_2168.jpg

Thank you Gerry for your time and hospitality. Your work is totally inspiring.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 2

Beautiful layout, Gerry! Can't believe there have been only two replies to this thread in as many days :) Well done, Noel, for posting

Hi Kevin. It was a real privilege to see these layouts up close and operating. I understand Llangollen was recently exhibited in Wales. :) Noel

• 5 months later...
On 24/05/2017 at 6:48 PM, Noel said:

Two intrepid modelling travellers made a pilgrimage to Wexford last week to receive a guided tour of four stunning layouts. We were treated to multiple stock operations on the layouts. A huge thank you to 'Irishrailwayman' for his hospitality and showing two visitors some of his wonderful layouts.

Llangollen - N gauge - After seeing this stunning layout and its incredible detail I was won over to N gauge.

IMG_2146.jpg

Llangollen - N gauge - There is so much detail your eyes almost miss it. For example the kayakers in the river, the insides of buildings, drapes, curtains and roller blinds, the roof detail, weeds, weathering, it is a master class. The road traffic can changed to match the period of railway stock from 1930s right up to the 00s.

IMG_2149.jpg

Cynwyd - N gauge - West country BR scenes right up my street. Just reeking of the 1950s, and a GWR pannier tank to push me off my perch.

IMG_2145.jpg

Ballybeg - Stunning scene outside a country pub - the placement and use of figures makes it totally realistic and alive

IMG_2160.jpg

Ballybeg - Lock scene of a summers day - again this layout is alive with model humans doing real life. Amazing!

IMG_2161.jpg

Ballybeg - Signal box - wow, one working and one looking on as the kettle boils on the stove

IMG_2158.jpg

Ballybeg - Beautiful B101 running with stunning DCC sound chip (similar to BR class 24 engine)

IMG_2168.jpg

Thank you Gerry for your time and hospitality. Your work is totally inspiring.

Noel,

I missed this posting first time around so forgive my not responding previously with my thanks for your appreciation.

Gerry