Rate this topic

ttc0169

Thank you Railer,

077 was repainted by myself with the grab rails removed and the area filed and sanded flush with the body-then repainted with the correct shade of yellow, transfers were from the Railtec range.

078 is an original Murphy model grey again with the above modification done,

Loco 234 is sound fitted with the transfers coming from the SSM range....:tumbsup:

What shade of grey and yellow did you use to match the MM grey and yellow?

This arrived this morning,thanks to Seamus Graham for his usual speedy service

I must say I'm delighted with the Carlow station building as it really fits in and adds that extra Irish station feeling to the layout,

Highly recommended for any Irish themed layout,

I also added the Hornby station canopy-which after a small modification fitted perfectly,although I think I might paint it a grey colour instead of the dark blue...

image-2846387473.jpg

The new Tara junction station building.

image-1519826785.jpg

Paul the station manager is delighted with his new building....

image-3166806938.jpg

A nice crowd gather for the evening commuter service to the city....

image-4243230197.jpg

Arrow liveried 2601+2602 arrive from the south with the evening commuter service..

image-3642239149.jpg

Paul the station manager gives the right away signal to the driver and returns to his new office.

With thanks to the Wanderer for the inspirational photo-I was able to recreate the wagon transfer

image-4292015893.jpg

011077 gets priority with the wagon transfer comprising of two Container pocket wagons and an ex works timber bogie wagon while in the distance 229 is held at the stop signal with the IWT liner.

image-1754862251.jpg

011077 passes the recently rebuilt Tara Jctn station with the wagon transfer,

086 has charge of the FO Cravens set on platform 2.

image-2149268410.jpg

Another view of the wagon transfer on the bi directional four track lines.

Thanks lads for your comments

Thanks to Jim at Marls models Dublin for the supply of the Carliow station building..

Here we see DVT 9001 working the Enterptoee service arrive at Central station

image-3640762990.jpg

9001 arrives with the enterprise set while 229 passes with the IWT liner

Great pics as usual Noel! The Carlow station building is lovely especially with the vending machines. Any chance of a 201 hauled mixed freight of your BELL containers and fertilizers working on Tara Junction anytime soon? That would be a heavy one.

Thanks Sean-That's a great idea,leave that one with me, It should be an easy one to set up....:tumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Sean-That's a great idea' date='leave that one with me, It should be an easy one to set up....:tumbsup:[/quote']

Here you go.....

221 was used earlier this evening to work a 15:00 Northwall-Tara Junction trial train consisting of six bogie fertiliser wagons and six bogie wagons,

Needless to say the 201 had little difficulty in hauling the heavy liner train around the Junction

A few photos with a video up later....

image-2920511379.jpg

221 hauls the combined liner past 0117077 which is working an empty timber train-077 being held at the red signal TJ 1 to allow the 29000 DMU depart from the DMU stabling sidings and follow 221.

image-1401917984.jpg

The BELL liner portion of the train,

087 has charge of the ammonia and will follow the 29000.

image-3306732998.jpg

221 passes the MPD where a busy evening was taking place shunting and placing various locos in the running shed for servicing and others for a quick fuelling and turnaround.

Many thanks gents...

Another photo from some enjoyable operations this evening around the MPD

image-387950628.jpg

Works pilot loco Sulzer 101 hauls two 071s (075 and 088) into the main shed for attention in order to get them back into traffic

image-2934929399.jpg

image-1273799385.jpg

At the other side of the depot 0117078 hauled loco 210 out of the running shed to allow the fitters to start up the loco....

I've allocated 210 to a driver training run tomorrow while 7078 will be allocated to the bogie bulk cement train for a few days..

I hope Barry did not get the sack or is he on another H and S course.

No Eamonn' date='Barry has been promoted to the shed foreman a role....

I thought my eyes were deceiving me this evening when I spotted the real 083 hauling the Northwall-Ballina IWT liner-sporting new grey bogies....was it true???

Well yes it's true-083 has refurbished bogies and they are indeed painted slate grey....another variation.....

On arrival at Tara junction tonight I also noticed sound fitted 083 sporting grey bogies....so I had to share the photos with everyone.....

image-475687708.jpg

image-732124963.jpg

After it's release from the MPD 083 passes Tara Jctn station on a light engine test run.

image-4293306561.jpg

083 was later spotted hauling the IWT liner with 7077 passing with the empty timber train,

Both drivers acknowledge each other by switching on the cab lights....

image-4054740826.jpg

083 passes sister locos 087 and 7078,

087 and the ammonia would later follow the IWT liner while 7078 shunts the bogie bulkers under the cement silo for unloading,

Its amazing to think that nearly 37 years seperate the various liveries shown here....- CIE right through to the current slate grey....

Heirflick, you'd be the first in a procession; I'm not sure how many long-term spare rooms ttc has!

He'd be as well opening a hotel, for the whole site would take up residence!

Lovely scenes ttc, inchicore does turn out some odd versions