Rate this topic

ttc0169

Finished the Park royal in between watching the hurling and Grand Prix...

Here we see 1390,1379 and 3173 hauled by 183 on a GAA match special

Note the gricer armed with a camera in the doorway of 1390....a great vantage point..!!

image-2581466482.jpg

image-1220611865.jpg

image-735302309.jpg

image-4267714895.jpg

Note the gricer armed with a camera in the doorway of 1390....a great vantage point..!!

[ATTACH]14142[/ATTACH]

thats looks like Enniscorthyman!!:rolleyes: great scene to have on any layout - fantastic realism! is the tail lamps on the park seperate from the internal lighting?

thats looks like Enniscorthyman!!:rolleyes: great scene to have on any layout - fantastic realism! is the tail lamps on the park seperate from the internal lighting?

Seamus,the tail lamp is connected to the internal lighting bar-train tech CL22

Thanks Fin.

• 2 weeks later...
Is that a re-spray TTC? She looks darker than the models on sale and more realistic.Those Loco's just don't look right colour wise maybe they just need a bit of subtle weathering like yours' date=' Beautiful finish! :x[/quote']

Thanks lads

Rebelred-no it's not a respray it's straight out of the box with a light weathering done with weathering powders and a repainted yellow front with the grab rails removed-thanks.

Absolutely stunning. I'm new here. Love the layout and others I've just found here this evening. Still browsing the forum. What a find. Do you mind me asking what you needed to achieve that sound with the CIE/IE loco? The sound of the general electric is etched in my memory since a boy. Is it part of a DCC module, or a separate add-on. Is the sound generator stored in the loco or on the layout? Many thanks.

Absolutely stunning. I'm new here. Love the layout and others I've just found here this evening. Still browsing the forum. What a find. Do you mind me asking what you needed to achieve that sound with the CIE/IE loco? The sound of the general electric is etched in my memory since a boy. Is it part of a DCC module' date=' or a separate add-on. Is the sound generator stored in the loco or on the layout? Many thanks.[/quote']

Hi Noel-and welcome to the site,

Thanks for your kind comments,

The 071 and 201 locos have been fitted with a DCC sound chip which are available from the model shop Belfast,Graham's toy master in Portlaoise and Marks models in Dublin,

The locos are fitted with a speaker so it's just a matter of easily fitting the chip and programming the chip and away you go,

The sound really adds to the layout with hours of fun to be had,and highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

Early morning at the running shed sees all three grey liveried 071 loco's getting fuelled and serviced for their day ahead,

The loco controller has allocated 011071 to the empty timber train,while 011078 will be allocated to the IWT and 011077 to the DFDS CPW liner

image-2088784891.jpg