Rate this topic

ttc0169

• 3 weeks later...

Saturday mornings operation sees 215 work a down Mk4 set passing 077 on the IWT liner,

Over on the up fast line,230 has charge of the Enterprise De Dietrich set,

In the yard 188 is about to haul a failed 2600 Railcar to the MPD for attention and 7078 waits with the HOBS train for clearance to follow the Enterprise.

image-987106124.jpg

How long did the flat take you to put together Noel? Looks fab! :x

Thanks rebelred-it arrived in the post at 11:30 yesterday and I worked on it for most of the evening' date='

It was a easy to build except for the fiddly spigot pin holders along the solebar which needed a lot of patience but otherwise I would highly recommend the kit,

Thanks must go to Des for going to the trouble of providing the kit and to Glenderg for his excellent tutorial which was of great assistance.

image-3940099339.jpg

The 20' BELL refer containers on the wagon.

Well done on your quick build Noel' date=' how does it run on your layout? Really impressed with the design of this model, some parts have been very ingeniously thought out.[/quote']

Kieran-It ran ok when pushed around the layout and encountered no problems,

I'll put a tension lock coupler on them over the next few days and do a loco hauled test to check,

Yes I agree Des has certainly done his homework on this model-and it has great attention to detail.

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas shopper specials on Tara Jctn today sees

073 haul a short rake of Mk2 air braked coaches as a relief to the regular services,

29001 passing through on a limited stop service,

2607+2608 stabled on the bay platform as a Mk3 set comes to a halt on platform 2

image-3015208349.jpg

Id say the Bachmann NEM bars' date=' come with the coaches[/quote']

Thanks lads,

Yes Andy as Ed has said they are the NEM bars between those coaches,

Seamus-planning permission has been received for a new layout to begin construction early in 2015,currently gathering buildings etc,

The plans have been drawn up....Watch this space....!!

• 3 weeks later...

Evening gents, Fresh from the Tara Jctn paint spray facility and seen here on a trial run we see 0117076... image-4217326389.jpg 0117076 arrives at Tara Jctn station,the driver having switched on the cab light in preparation of changing ends and working back to the MPD.

Transfers are from the recently released Railtec range containing numbers for 076 and 080.

Edited by ttc0169

I see they fitted sunbeds in cab's.:P

Yes the blue fluorescent light bulb effect in 071 cabs is pretty awful. At least I found a way to reduce the brightness on LokPilot and LokSound decoders and it doesn't look bad, but a warmer LED colour would have been better.