Rate this topic

ttc0169

Another view from the opposite direction...

image-2902375714.jpg

Platform 1 is a bay platform,

The Mk2 set is parked on Platform 2,there are lots of options here for operations and I plan to recreate lots of Knock special arrivals and departures along with the regular passenger train services and of course the Ballina branch train will make appearances in the various forms e.g 1980s Park royals to the Cravens.

Beautiful! Are you using MDF 'planks' for the platforms?

Yes Stephen I am for the new stations' date='they are fine and can be faced off with some brickwork,

I'm also using some of the former layouts medcalf buildings

image-2553640837.jpg

In particular the island platform and building.

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening gentlemen,

Lights,camera,action....

152 brings the Mk2d SUPERTRAIN set into platform 3 at Tara jctn on a driver training run while 077 works the empty Enterprise set on platform 2,

215 has charge of the Mk4 set on platform one

In the distance 2601+2602 and 2607+2608 wait their turn on driver training and route knowledge trips

image-1092525588.jpg

Good evening gentlemen,

Lights,camera,action....

152 brings the Mk2d SUPERTRAIN set into platform 3 at Tara jctn on a driver training run while 077 works the empty Enterprise set on platform 2,

215 has charge of the Mk4 set on platform one

In the distance 2601+2602 and 2607+2608 wait their turn on driver training and route knowledge trips

[ATTACH]19013[/ATTACH]

ttc0169 Great to see the trains running, progress is looking good and keep the pics coming TDR

The 201s really did look good in the NIR blue.That is going to be one very busy station.Have you got a track plan Noel?

Yes Andy-I'm still finalising it though and it may change,my Enterprise set doesn't like too many tight curves...so I'm working on easing out any problems that I'm encountering,

The"Kildare"type station that you see in the last photo has run around facilities-so that my DFDS and timber trains or anything else can run around without disrupting any up or down passenger services,-(it will make full use of the functions on the sound fitted 071 and 201 loco's).

I plan to store most of my freight and per way rolling stock underneath the main layout and haul them up as required.

Are you planning a helix Noel?

No Kieran-I have an incline built to the lower level,if that doesn't work,I still have room for a helix-but the plan is to have an end to end branch line on the lower level with stock transfers via the six storage sidings and incline.

No Kieran-I have an incline built to the lower level,if that doesn't work,I still have room for a helix-but the plan is to have an end to end branch line on the lower level with stock transfers via the six storage sidings and incline.

Looking forward to seeing that in operation, sound great.

• 1 month later...

Morning gentlemen,

After a few weeks of inactivity I got to work again yesterday on the layout, I wasn't happy with the original track plan so I started again,

This time I have a four track mainline station with the potential for four trains operating at the one time,

I have also installed a turntable and this can be accessed from the MPD without causing any conflicting movements with the main lines,

Colour light signal control the station area.

image-2445506700.jpg

Looking good Noel.

Cheers and thank you Eamonn

Another late night at Tara Jctn eventually saw some action.....

image-697498719.jpg

From the left 0117077 rests on the turntable road,

29001 stands on the loop road,

Mk2 NIR set arrives behind 208,

2607+2608 arrive on platform 4,

8208 has charge of the down Enterprise on platform 3,

234 pushes the Mk4 set on platform 2,

Last but not least loco 201 shares the bay platform with the arrow 2601+ 2602.

An eventful evening....!!

Not an easy decision to take Noel to change your track plan but I suppose it was better to do it at this early stage of the build. Obviously 'running trains' is your main priority and the new layout should facilitate that.

Hi Kieran,

Yes it wasn't an easy decision to change track plans but I'm delighted I did,

My priority was first to get the trains moving again and see how they performed on the new tracks,

Phase two will be some painting and ballasting with the final stage of some areas of scenery-not my strongest point-but I'll give it a go.