Rate this topic

ttc0169

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For some strange reason I can only post photos and not text on the phone app....

The above photo shows an NIR themed day on the layout-233 works a down Enterprise,while 112 and 8113 work an RPSI GM railtour,

208 works a relief to the Enterprise.

Kevin-to answer your question,I do believe that two NIR 111 class locos worked a railtour in multiple working form about 25 years ago.:tumbsup:

Kevin-to answer your question,I do believe that two NIR 111 class locos worked a railtour in multiple working form about 25 years ago.:tumbsup:

Happened a few times,railtours and a few service trains. NIR were a lot more liberal in the past. 208+209 were paired up for a railtour once - now that was an experience

• 1 month later...

image-4232334859.jpg To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the 071 class locomotives, the CME at Tara junction decided to repaint loco 071 into original livery for this occasion, With thanks to Seamus Graham for the bargain priced 071 which was purchased at his stand at the recent MRSI exhibition, I decided to repaint the loco which was in slate grey livery-just like the real thing... Thank you to Des at Studio Scale models for the superb decals,which include the silver plate that is fitted to some locos commemorating the 40yr anniversary, Here is a signalman's view of the loco seen here working the HOBS train. I replaced the original windscreen wipers with some etched ones from the Shawplan range.

image-1129728537.jpg

071 runs around the HOBS train-note the 40th anniversary plate underneath the handbrake wheel.

Edited by ttc0169

• 2 weeks later...

image-853921570.jpg

A Friday lunchtime depot scene on Tara junction sees 071 in for fuel,oil and water,beside it 0117071 and 0117076 await their turn for servicing,behind them various 071 and 201 undergo exams on the heavy maintenance roads.

Edited by ttc0169

• 3 weeks later...

image-1875865402.jpg

Happy Christmas to all from the management and staff at Tara junction,

001 works a northbound liner/mixed cement train which is about to be passed by 071 which is working the westbound empty timber,

On the opposite lines 183+156 work light engine through the junction to the MPD for fuel,oil and water.

Shortly afterwards 001 failed with low power-{a DCC chip reset required}-and was replaced by 183+156.

Edited by ttc0169

• 2 weeks later...

image-1502991945.jpg

image-3067212930.jpg

The 10:25 Cork-Inchicore failed loco movement is seen here passing Tara junction station earlier,failed loco 234 being hauled by 076-as is currently happening with the real thing.

Thank you to Paul and David who ably assisted me yesterday with an intensive operating session which lasted three hours.

Edited by ttc0169