Rate this topic

ttc0169

[ATTACH]26412[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26413[/ATTACH]

The 10:25 Cork-Inchicore failed loco movement is seen here passing Tara junction station earlier,failed loco 234 being hauled by 076-as is currently happening with the real thing.

Thank you to Paul and David who ably assisted me yesterday with an intensive operating session which lasted three hours.

Thanks Noel it was a very pleasant afternoon on one of the best layouts going.

Edited by Southern Yard

Great to see 360 degree view of your layout Noel, any plans on the lower section yet?

Thanks Kieran, the lower section is slowly taking shape, currently I have six storage roads there with the "one train up/one train down "principal being used, this enables stock transfers between upper and lower yards while also getting a run-through the station area,

Work has started on a freight yard on the other side which when completed will consist of three roads, all having the run around facilities

this area is large enough to be able to display my various types of containers, I plan to use a reach stacker and maybe at a later date the Bachmann scene craft gantry crane there, at the end of that area I plan to have a bulk cement terminal siding,

Underneath the upper yard, I intend to have a branch line type station consisting of a main line and a passing loop, this will add some variety as the liner trains will be able to cross each other on their way to and from the freight yard,

There is still a lot of work to be done on the upper level, in particular around the MPD where some ballasting will be needed to complete the area, also the town scene and bus depot will have to be attended to as well.

Thanks for all your comments gentlemen.:tumbsup:

Thanks Kieran, the lower section is slowly taking shape, currently I have six storage roads there with the "one train up/one train down "principal being used, this enables stock transfers between upper and lower yards while also getting a run-through the station area,

Work has started on a freight yard on the other side which when completed will consist of three roads, all having the run around facilities

this area is large enough to be able to display my various types of containers, I plan to use a reach stacker and maybe at a later date the Bachmann scene craft gantry crane there, at the end of that area I plan to have a bulk cement terminal siding,

Underneath the upper yard, I intend to have a branch line type station consisting of a main line and a passing loop, this will add some variety as the liner trains will be able to cross each other on their way to and from the freight yard,

There is still a lot of work to be done on the upper level, in particular around the MPD where some ballasting will be needed to complete the area, also the town scene and bus depot will have to be attended to as well.

Thanks for all your comments gentlemen.:tumbsup:

Great plans Noel. Looking forward to it. Love looking at Tara Junction posts.

• 4 weeks later...

image-1754721768.jpg

To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the formation of Irish rail,the management at Tara junction operated the Executive train for invited guests,

080 is seen here arriving at the platform with the train,

143 operates light engine on the up fast line and 183+156 have charge of a freightliner train and 001 is departing the branch platform with two park royal and one Cravens coaches and BR van.

Edited by ttc0169

• 2 weeks later...
Love this photo Noel, Any chance of some more video of a few trains running😎🎨👍

Thanks Geoff, I cant see the photo that you like, I'll post another video over the next few days

I've been track cleaning as I had a few people visit the layout recently and I have been operating some driver training runs for them, which was very enjoyable.

Apologies to anyone trying to contact me via private message, as I get notifications but no message appears,for now please contact me via the facebook page Thanks.:tumbsup:

Thanks Geoff, I cant see the photo that you like, I'll post another video over the next few days

I've been track cleaning as I had a few people visit the layout recently and I have been operating some driver training runs for them, which was very enjoyable.

Apologies to anyone trying to contact me via private message, as I get notifications but no message appears,for now please contact me via the facebook page Thanks.:tumbsup:

I'm guessing it was this fabulous pic.

attachment.php?attachmentid=26714&d=1486032289

image-1661162993.jpg

Belmond liveried locomotive 216 propels the evening up Cork Mk4 set on the up fast line through Tara jctn station,

On platform 2 2607+2608 pick up passengers and will follow 216,

071 has charge of the empty HOBS train returning to the ballast loading point after some night time work.

Edited by ttc0169

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely action shots again here and always a pleasure to watch developments and traffic movements on Tara Jnct. I love 187 and the pair of oil tankers, the 2900 is excellent, and what can I say about the 2700/2800 dmu - absolute class. There is also something very appealing from the blue 201 lovely contrast with that coaching set.

image-1901490207.jpg

Some Sperry train action from Tara junction earlier-071 is in charge while 216 propels a Mk4 set away from the platform,

I have installed some of the excellent Train Tech colour light signals complete with directional feather-see the signal in action just ahead of 071.

Edited by ttc0169

Lovely action shots again here and always a pleasure to watch developments and traffic movements on Tara Jnct. I love 187 and the pair of oil tankers, the 2900 is excellent, and what can I say about the 2700/2800 dmu - absolute class. There is also something very appealing from the blue 201 lovely contrast with that coaching set.

Thanks Sulzar-the oil tankers are from the Heljan range and were professionally weathered by TMC-(The model centre),

I picked them up at the Glasgow exhibition last weekend.

Some Sperry train action from Tara junction earlier-071 is in charge while 216 propels a Mk4 set away from the platform, I have installed some of the excellent Train Tech colour light signals complete with directional feather-see the signal in action just ahead of 071.

Hi Noel.

Excellent scene. It's alive with busy activity. 071 looks great. Do you mind me asking where you got the mk4 set from?

Noel (the other one) :)

Hi Noel.

Excellent scene. It's alive with busy activity. 071 looks great. Do you mind me asking where you got the mk4 set from?

Noel (the other one) :)

Hi Noel-The Mk4 set are repainted Hornby Mk4s,they are the closest type of coach to the prototype.

• 3 weeks later...

image-1888970879.jpg

I was fortunate to be able to acquire a small sample of the deep blue paint that is applied to the real 216,and with thanks to Des at SSM for the transfers, my 216 is now finished, it is seen here propelling a Mk4 set out of the platform at Tara junction station this morning.

Edited by ttc0169
  • Like 1

I love it. Looks great and very nice detailing on the front.

Now all you need to match is a few pax on the platform in designer cloths and suede shoes. :) The man in the panama hat with the suit case looks like a GH pax! :)

Edited by Noel