Rate this topic

ttc0169

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

image-2436424411.jpg

A quiet Sunday afternoon at the running shed at Tara junction afforded the opportunity to display the liveries that have been applied to the 071 class locomotives of CIE/IR/and IE over the past 40 years.

From the left-083 in Black and silver,0117080 in the current grey livery,073 in the soon to be released retro IR livery and 071 in original CIE livery.

Edited by ttc0169
  • Like 1

A quiet Sunday afternoon at the running shed at Tara junction afforded the opportunity to display the liveries that have been applied to the 071 class locomotives of CIE/IR/and IE over the past 40 years.

From the left-083 in Black and silver,0117080 in the current grey livery,073 in the soon to be released retro IR livery and 071 in original CIE livery.

Wonderfully realistic scenes Noel. I can imagine the purr of the GM motors at idle and almost hear a distant angle grinder at work in the sheds behind. (other Noel) :)

image-2890082675.jpg

image-2974584733.jpg

The RPSI were busy this afternoon at Tara junction, Steam loco 4 needed to be turned on the turntable so the society used loco 175 to shunt the engine,

Under the watchful eyes of their operations manager and Locomotive officer No4 was eased slowly onto the table and successfully turned.

image-1334182323.jpg

Edited by ttc0169
  • Like 1

I had a note somewhere of the number of that Craven with the logos. Anyone know?

Mark's reply to that question in 2012

I think only three cravens carried the ir logo 1532 1557 15??at door end's no coach carried the intercity logo,these coaches were more likely done in Connelly shed as were mk2s,135 had hand painted white lines done there also(they were all over the place)and got the name pixie painted on cab

• 4 weeks later...
Having seen it in the flesh, I can attest that it's even better in real life!

It even has a model of "The Wanderer" taking photos out of a window in a Craven!

Thank you jhb-Yes the wanderer is still looking out that window,but he is not seeing much as the coach is getting an exam done in one of the sheds.:trains:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...