On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:12 PM, Northman said:

Hi Noel,what size of washer did you use?Cheers.

Hi Northman,I'm not sure of the actual size of the washer-I got them off Jim in Mark models in Dublin.

216 returned south from NIR last week hauling the bogie spoil wagons, it is seen here arriving at Tara junction where it ran around the wagons and propelled them to the siding.

The S+E department were busy too installing the Train Tech ground shunt signals at various locations around the yard.....the one in the photo is interlocked with the points which lead to the Lakeview freight yard..

And finally Lakeview freight yard sees both retro liveried locomotives 071 and 073 arrive and prepare to depart with the IWT liner (071) and the DFDS liner (073)

Happy Easter to all viewers of Tara Junction.

IMG_E2906.JPG

IMG_E2907.JPG

IMG_E2910.JPG

IMG_E2903.JPG

IMG_E2904.JPG

IMG_E2905.JPG

IMG_2911.JPG

• Like 4
  • WOW! 1

Fabulous life scenes Noel

• Thanks 1

I liked that a lot.  Why just do the fix, add a story to the process too. Brilliant. 

Paul

• Thanks 1

I was only watching a video a couple of days ago of 216 on loan for ballast cleaning duties and it turns up on Tara Junction.And then there's both 071s in retro livery, where else would you get it :tumbsup:  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After a prolonged time out of service with traction motor problems 201 C Class loco 226 received an A exam at the MPD and after a request from the CME,the loco was given an out road trial hauling some laden bogie fertiliser wagons,

With a trailing weight of nearly 300 tonnes 226 is seen here passing through the station-the trial was a success and 226 returned to the regular locomotive pool.

IMG_E2984.JPG

IMG_E2985.JPG

IMG_E2986.JPG

• Like 3

Love this real world 'men at'work' layout. :tumbsup:

6 bogie fertiliser wagons seems the perfect length rake for large model layouts.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

Good to  see , what is "under the bonnet" now ? 

Robert 

Thanks Robert-its a GM power unit swapped from a 181 class locomotive.........:Happy1:

13 hours ago, Noel said:

Love this real world 'men at'work' layout. :tumbsup:

6 bogie fertiliser wagons seems the perfect length rake for large model layouts.

Thanks Noel,yes six bogies are fine but I could increase to eight in particular for the forthcoming Tara wagons.:-bd

30 minutes ago, ttc0169 said:

Thanks Noel,yes six bogies are fine but I could increase to eight in particular for the forthcoming Tara wagons.:-bd

Cheers. Yes agree, a rake of six bogie Fertiliser and/or eight Tara wagons are ideal model train lengths if one has the space.

Posted (edited)

As the billboard says 'Take one to relieve stressIMG_E3591.thumb.JPG.a481e265315ca16fcb340821f71be612.JPG'-Loco 087 runs around the CIE Supertrain Mk3s at Tara junction station having replaced 086,

Belmond liveried locomotive 216 is seen here at the MPD where it will receive an exam before returning to Heuston to work this weeks Grand Hibernian tour:

IMG_E3590.JPG

IMG_E3593.JPG

Edited by ttc0169
  • Like 3

For the eighteenth 071 on Tara junction I chose to model the recently refurbished locomotive 0117072,

The loco was originally in black and silver livery-so a repaint was necessary, and transfers were purchased from the Railtec range,

I also purchased a sound chip from Mr Soundguy which has the excellent Real drive feature and is a real pleasure to operate-Thanks to Keith and Eamonn for the test drive of his loco on his layout at the Wexford exhibition last Easter,..

Here are a few photos of the loco being examined  before entering traffic at the MPD and in the company of 071,073,080,082,083,077,229,215,220 and visiting NIR 112. 

After the loco underwent some static testing the shed foreman is seen signing the release to traffic form and handing it to the locomotive fleet controller.

IMG_E4284.JPG

IMG_E4291.JPG

IMG_E4286.JPG

IMG_4299.JPG

IMG_4298.JPG

• Like 4

The Emerald Isle express consisting of the RPSI Cravens and hauled by retro locomotive 073 is seen here arriving at Tara junction station at the beginning of its week long tour,

IMG_E4325.JPG

IMG_E4352.JPG

IMG_E4358.JPG

IMG_E4356.JPG

IMG_E4381.JPG

• Like 3

Some Saturday freight action took place on Tara junction this evening,

Due to a failure of the allocated locomotive,the only available locomotive at the MPD was NIR 208,so it was a rare move to see it work the bogie bulk cement train,

It worked two round trips and on the return journey the second time a driver change took place when locomotive 161 which was working a pallet cement train exchanged crews at the junction,

here are a few photos of the cement trains....

IMG_E4776.JPG

IMG_E4780.JPG

IMG_E4784.JPG

IMG_E4785.JPG

IMG_E4786.JPG

IMG_E4787.JPG

IMG_E4788.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jason brady said:

Love all things cement Noel, especially the bogies. Great scenes as always :tumbsup:

Cheers and thanks Jason....

Just now, ttc0169 said:

Cheers and thanks Jason....

Tasty stuff there Noel, busy as usual at Tara Junction.

• Thanks 1