Rate this topic

ttc0169

I love Tara Junction Noel. It is so busy being a bustling railway with so many diverse trains running. It is an operators heaven and it is what modelling is all about having a great time recreating life.

There are some fabulous layouts posted here and it is inspiring stuff for both new and current modellers. All I need now is the shed built as seeing Tara Junction brings home exactly what I am missing.

Rich,

Many thanks lads,

I received two 071 sound chips off Gareth today,they have certainly added to the realism of my MPD-the 071s and 201s side by side ticking over are just as if you were standing beside the real thing at Inchicore-and that is just the effect that I've always wanted,

I've spent the last three hours operating Tara Jctn and came away very happy,

One photo from earlier shows 8208 wait out on a holding road for access to the running shed,the depot driver being very busy this evening shunting locos in and out of the shed for servicing and stabling.

image-1072130016.jpg

Edited by ttc0169

Many thanks lads,

I received two 071 sound chips off Gareth today,they have certainly added to the realism of my MPD-the 071s and 201s side by side ticking over are just as if you were standing beside the real thing at Inchicore-and that is just the effect that I've always wanted,

I've spent the last three hours operating Tara Jctn and came away very happy,

One photo from earlier shows 8208 wait out on a holding road for access to the running shed,the depot driver being very busy this evening shunting locos in and out of the shed for servicing and stabling.

[ATTACH]4356[/ATTACH]

I think all we need now Noel is someone to invent a device that gives off the whiff of diesel. I love the generator van by the way.

Rich,

Thanks for your comments lads,it certainly is a credit to David and Mark when you can build a model of such a high standard,

Here are a few more....

image-711527233.jpg

A staged shot for Vincent as I have to modify the Mk3 van to work with the De Dietrich's-so no actual running just yet..

image-395194179.jpg

But the lights work.....even while standing still

image-4257371109.jpg

A dim lighting mood in 9001...fair play to David,you can adjust the brightness of the lights by turning a screw underneath.

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday morning on Tara Junction sees the recently introduced Enterprise liveried loco 233 on a trial run

image-2614815200.jpg

image-2313252251.jpg

233 was painted by Seamus Graham,

However while on trial 8208 failed with the down Enterprise so it was left to 233 to couple to the failed train and haul it to the maintenance depot for attention.

image-3931865865.jpg

233 eases up to control car 9001.

image-2237545807.jpg

233 hauls the failed Enterprise to the depot.

Love the pics and the video! Just like real life too as 208 returned yesterday with the EGV!

Thanks Vincent,

It's nice to know that the real 8208 is back on Enterprise duties along with the gen van,

It's also great to be able to recreate in model form an identical Enterprise train thanks to Paddy Murphy and David and Mark.

Thanks Stephen for reposting the link.