Rate this topic

ttc0169

Looking great Noel what do you think of Humbrols new range of weathering powders :-bd

Anto,it was my first time using the weathering powder and I found it brilliant to work with,

After finishing the weed-sprayer,I gave a light weathering to an 071,201 a few M class buses and the bogie bulk cement wagons and I'm very happy with the results.

Thanks gentlemen for your comments,

Here are three more that I gave a light weathering to using the Humbrol weathering powder,

The first is sound fitted loco 077

image-2196175686.jpg

077 works back to the running shed after working the autoballaster.

image-2244177294.jpg

Bogie bulk cement wagon 33006 after a light dusting of weathering powder.

image-2079206651.jpg

M class bus on a local service crosses the Overbridge- on Tara Jctn,the wheels have been lightly weathered.

• 2 weeks later...
Tidy work on the front window frames on the B Class and front appearance in general. Talk about progress, you must be a hairs breath away from spraying her? What livery are you going for? Same goes for the bus, assume a yellow livery, Noel?

Richie.

Thanks Richie,I liked the Supertrain livery on the B101s,I've been looking at photos of them in various books and IRRS journals-so I think I'll go with that livery as it will suit the 1970s era on the layout,It will be a nice addition on short freights or pilot duties,

It has to be expressway livery again for the M class-I am very happy with the previous ones that I built and painted in that livery.

I take it from your pictures you are going with the brass chassis and you have a decoder fitted. Have you test ran it yet' date=' looking forward to seeing it finished.[/quote']

Yes Kieran,I've stuck with the brass chassis,I gave it a quick test run around the layout and its working fine,just maybe a fine tune of the settings as it will be doing quiet a bit of pilot work at slow speed,

The wheels and pickups will need to be cleaned before it enters service as I've weathered the bogies with some more weathering powder...

Afternoon lads,

I've nearly finished the Sulzer loco,just one or two minor details,

Here are a few photos of the loco on a test run and hauling a typical 1970s freight-The SSM brake van has still to be built and eventually added to the rear of this train...enjoy.

image-451729645.jpg

Sulzer loco 101.

image-332780105.jpg

Being overtaken by the Enterprise

image-1754412452.jpg

101 hauls the loose coupled goods at 35 mph.

• 3 weeks later...

Evening lads,

I got my three coach Mk3 Push/pull set from the Model shop in Belfast during the week,thanks Gareth,

I've allocated sound fitted loco 220 to work the train,

The rear three coaches are some spare Mk3s that will be modified with some hopper type windows in the future,

Here are a few photos of the push/pull set around Tara Junction.

image-361659086.jpg

6101 leading the push-pull set with 220 propelling at the rear.

image-542968224.jpg

image-3838455604.jpg

The Dundalk-Bray push pull passes the down Enterprise.

Thanks lads,Sean-well spotted...!!!

To add to the suburban scene,I picked up a Class 350 EMU while attending the Model rail exhibition in Glasgow last weekend,as in conversation with driver301 he pointed out that it would be the nearest body type to our 29000 DMUs-albeit with some cab rebuilding etc,

And yes Paul-you were right....here is the finished DMU doing the rounds on the fast line earlier,

The interior of the coaches and each cab have lights fitted which go well with the Enterprise set,

Here are a few photos and a video....enjoy.

image-3959110154.jpg

29101 passes 6101.

image-2784370206.jpg

29101 passes the Per way depot.

Edited by ttc0169