List of Irish Level Crossings?

Rate this question

DiveController

Question

9 answers to this question

Irish Railways Today by Brendan Pender and Herbert Richards (transport research associates 1967) gives the mile route distance of each LC, but not the code number

Thanks, Des. That's the first place I went expecting to find them, Railway Lines of CIE & NIR Doyle & Hirsch doesn't have them either, unfortunately

Thanks, Des. That's the first place I went expecting to find them, Railway Lines of CIE & NIR Doyle & Hirsch doesn't have them either, unfortunately

That's because the crossing id's were only introduced 15-20 years ago. They're a pointless source of information anyway because along with level crossings they include every accommodation/black gate crossing, many of which weren't used in decades and have since been closed off permanently.

All level crossing paper on Irish rails "live" map in the website Click all then click level crossings click the blue dot on map you want to identify it I'd no & other details

Thanks, both.

Waffles, that was very helpful . I look at the site , selected all but had not click don the LC button on the right. Anyway what I'm looking for probably does't exist presently and is probably a disused crossing in the Tullamore-Athlone section

Does anyone know where I might get a list of these including the crossing references e.g. xc37 etc? Been through my books and expected to find them but no..... Hoping for a historical list the may include some that may be already closed/disused

Another way of finding them is using street views on Google Earth. It is a torturous way of doing it and will require a lot of patience but you will get there.