Worsley works park royal

Rate this topic

status quo

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of building a 2 car worsley works park royal (pictures to follow). It will be painted in GNR royal blue and cream. I was wondering what colour the interior walls should be and the best colour to paint the seats ect. Has anybody got any pictures of the roof showing where the vent ducts go.

Thanks in advance

Steve :trains:

JB should be along shortly with that info on colour. I might be able to assist on the roof vents....*roots furiously...

7215872276_7f38a1a203_o.jpg

Park Roof.jpg

Park Royal.JPG

As you can see from the photos, vents 1,2,5,6,7,8,9 & 10 are evenly spaced. Vents 3 & 4 are closer together.

Why?

CIE, lunar cycle, smellier folk used sit in that zone. Who knows...

Richie.

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of building a 2 car worsley works park royal (pictures to follow). It will be painted in GNR royal blue and cream. I was wondering what colour the interior walls should be and the best colour to paint the seats ect. Has anybody got any pictures of the roof showing where the vent ducts go.

Thanks in advance

Steve :trains:

Yes, it is the GNR 600 series and an intermediate coach that are being built by Steve. All help will be appreciated re the interior colours. Should the Blue be Oxford Blue?

We are hoping to have these items running on Old Blarney at Warley 2017.

Thank you in advance.

Old Blarney.

Yes, it is the GNR 600 series and an intermediate coach that are being built by Steve. All help will be appreciated re the interior colours. Should the Blue be Oxford Blue?

We are hoping to have these items running on Old Blarney at Warley 2017.

Thank you in advance.

Old Blarney.

According to E. M. Patterson's 1962 book on the GNR, he describes the railcar blue as Royal Blue. In another part of the book, the author also describes the railcar blue as being Oxford Blue?

According to E. M. Patterson's 1962 book on the GNR, he describes the railcar blue as Royal Blue. In another part of the book, the author also describes the railcar blue as being Oxford Blue?

For what it is worth, Norman Johnson in his book on GN locos (which covers the diesel fleet) refers to the livery as OXFORD Blue and cream.

I look forward to seeing the results at Warley, David - shall I bring my BUT set?

Thanks for posting the interior photos, John - DON'T show them to modern British commuters who have to suffer rock hard seats in the much-trumpeted new EMUs.

Leslie

Edited by leslie10646

An excellent project - looking forward to seeing it.

Exterior blue was very dark - almost navy, and much darker than the royal blue shade used by the RPSI. It is often assumed that the RPSI Cravens are in GNR livery - they're not, nor was that intended to be the case.

Intentions had white ceilings and from what I remember the inside walls were a creamy or light grey colour, though it's possible the grey was added in NIR days. Floors were of a light blown Lino. First class seats were patterned with mid green and greys being prevalent, while second class accommodation had light grey upholstery with red patterns through it. Coach ends were blue and cream, with gangways black.

Hi Gang,

May I thank each of you for your replies, photographs and assistance. Steve,aka - Status Quo - (He is a massive fan of the Quo, has attended 30 Plus of their Concerts) is the person responsible for the construction, detailing and painting of these coaches. Two Driving Trailers and the Intermediate Coach. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed set and to testing its running both here at home and on Old Blarney prior to taking everything to Warley in November, 2017. Can anyone tell me the number the intermediate coach should carry when it is part of the set 600 and 601? Help please!

Thank you.

David.

Further update on livery.

Interior walls varied in colour under GNR, UTA and CIE. I'm just realising that the model is in GNR days - details earlier related to UTA / NIR / cIE.

In GNR days I THINK - but can't be CERTAIN - that interior walls were a light browny colour.

Other variants - UTA started using their own standard dark green mottled upholstery by degrees, though I remember original GNR grey / green first class upholstery remaining in some.

CIE also used standard CIE seat coverings.

But in GNR days, as above.

The

May be of some interest

jvT8I5l.jpg

KDtSc6G.jpg

The trailer coach looks like a K15 3rd Class. SSM do a complete kit for these coaches, Worsley Works have the option of a set of scratch builders parts or sides only to fit a rtr body. Interesting the note about the coach being panneled in Tempered Masonite (compressed cardboard) on timber framing which contributed to the short life of post WW11 GNR coaches compared to similar NCC/UTA & CIE stock

Edited by Mayner