Jump to content
WRENNEIRE

Ballyglunin/Castletown

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Thanks Wrenneire, the more I look at this the more I'm tempted to reproduce it. The lean to is a nice added feature to it. Where is this box located?

Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree with you, Paul C.

I have thought that it would be useful if some members with a decent knowledge of the lineside architecture of the various railways WLWR, DSER, MGWR, GSWR, GNR (or maybe their predecessors if necessary) could display a few photos of the prototypical buildings, signal etc along with suggestions for some lookalikes to assist modelers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some work done on the model over the last couple of weeks

Model of Signal box built by Dave Mirolo, lovely bit of modelling

 

 

P1100780.JPG

P1100784.JPG

P1100774.JPG

P1100775.JPG

P1100776.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see I’m not the only one painting the rails with a paintbrush.🤯

Paul

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are serving their apprenticeship Paul, if I am satisfied with the painting I may allow them to do some ballasting

Hard to get good help  ( Both "apprentices" are in their 70's)

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2018 at 1:31 AM, WRENNEIRE said:

Some work done on the model over the last couple of weeks

Model of Signal box built by Dave Mirolo, lovely bit of modelling

 

 

P1100780.JPG

P1100784.JPG

P1100774.JPG

P1100775.JPG

P1100776.JPG

Nice work. This will make John Ford, John Wayne and Maureen O' Hara proud.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some updates since my last post

Signal Box now painted and detailed:

P1100838.thumb.JPG.f3da8b23f582fbbb2f5075d324a28f1d.JPG

 

P1100839.thumb.JPG.41d369f50799ca5b223c4be61c3a33d4.JPG

 

P1100843.thumb.JPG.67e528a717b44c247a82510304cf9c1a.JPG

 

P1100860.thumb.JPG.2643959adb679db09107344557b16917.JPG

 

The Station building , from the road, with shot from left and right hand side

 

P1100847.thumb.JPG.078d1b43fabd96e744b83bb5298f72b6.JPG

 

P1100854.thumb.JPG.d839cbff3c2c50adfd97a81fe5a481bc.JPG

 

P1100852.thumb.JPG.36f03c29811e8522efec65397c5d5182.JPG

And from the platform

P1100850.thumb.JPG.41dabba2846f0af43695d6ed3b007996.JPG

 

P1100849.thumb.JPG.7259d235a4bf42e29346e657a9b6d95d.JPG

 

There is a weighbridge mentioned on the original drawings of Ballyglunin so we have added this one which is of the same dimensions but we have no pics

 

P1100856.thumb.JPG.49b2150de38371568b49ee2043a4c0fc.JPG

 

P1100858.thumb.JPG.3121cf2660079812f95719432fa64172.JPG

 

 

P1100850.JPG

Edited by WRENNEIRE
  • Like 5
  • WOW! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DZ of Studio Scale Models sent me some transfers for the project (FOC God bless his curly hair)

So the coaches have been done, next will be the loco

P1100938.thumb.JPG.9518fb965060f8fae05627a797cd8563.JPG

John Waynes First Class one

 

P1100940.thumb.JPG.c4f82f3ef606568ba648c96b43756815.JPG

 

Couple of 3rd's

P1100941.thumb.JPG.046629d1fbc0176f12b3bd45d7383b7f.JPG

 

 

P1100942.thumb.JPG.aadbb3e2ed3152c9de2458db9c85cb22.JPG

 

And a Brake end

 

P1100943.thumb.JPG.d00155dd31ebf69fdc785861d62e5084.JPG

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice rake and i like the background.

As there was no engine John jumped of and took the horse. =))

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2018 at 4:08 PM, WRENNEIRE said:

Some updates since my last post

Signal Box now painted and detailed:

P1100838.thumb.JPG.f3da8b23f582fbbb2f5075d324a28f1d.JPG

 

P1100839.thumb.JPG.41d369f50799ca5b223c4be61c3a33d4.JPG

 

P1100843.thumb.JPG.67e528a717b44c247a82510304cf9c1a.JPG

 

P1100860.thumb.JPG.2643959adb679db09107344557b16917.JPG

 

The Station building , from the road, with shot from left and right hand side

 

P1100847.thumb.JPG.078d1b43fabd96e744b83bb5298f72b6.JPG

 

P1100854.thumb.JPG.d839cbff3c2c50adfd97a81fe5a481bc.JPG

 

P1100852.thumb.JPG.36f03c29811e8522efec65397c5d5182.JPG

And from the platform

P1100850.thumb.JPG.41dabba2846f0af43695d6ed3b007996.JPG

 

P1100849.thumb.JPG.7259d235a4bf42e29346e657a9b6d95d.JPG

 

There is a weighbridge mentioned on the original drawings of Ballyglunin so we have added this one which is of the same dimensions but we have no pics

 

P1100856.thumb.JPG.49b2150de38371568b49ee2043a4c0fc.JPG

 

P1100858.thumb.JPG.3121cf2660079812f95719432fa64172.JPG

 

 

P1100850.JPG

Great Job on the signal box and the station building is coming along nicely. keep it up!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have been busy working on the club layout for the upcoming Glasgow show so progress has been slow

However we did get some bits done 

P1110237.thumb.JPG.789198bf768434bd619be5d75f2f4861.JPG

 

P1110238.thumb.JPG.2037bc687cd218c50d9e14f727eaa46f.JPG

 

 

P1110239.thumb.JPG.dc038c2587dbf3bf0afc033493067738.JPG

 

 

P1110240.thumb.JPG.b7df3457a70ce0b450b395faadf5ee0d.JPG

 

 

P1110241.thumb.JPG.89f6e27418783648f24272a05671d5c7.JPG

 

 

P1110242.thumb.JPG.a1c93f352c71cd9a7320ca1b1bd60d4e.JPG

 

P1110243.thumb.JPG.e3ac27d6405321655d09df330dfccd53.JPG

 

 

P1110244.thumb.JPG.a27d3345b041199a0463dc69d1bae47e.JPG

 

Just noticed this, don't know how it got in, Ronnie Deegan was running it last night and I thought it looked well

P1110245.thumb.JPG.9f9b844924dbf475ba9fa4eee3b0f01c.JPG

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

We have been busy working on the club layout for the upcoming Glasgow show so progress has been slow

However we did get some bits done 

P1110237.thumb.JPG.789198bf768434bd619be5d75f2f4861.JPG

 

P1110238.thumb.JPG.2037bc687cd218c50d9e14f727eaa46f.JPG

 

 

P1110239.thumb.JPG.dc038c2587dbf3bf0afc033493067738.JPG

 

 

P1110240.thumb.JPG.b7df3457a70ce0b450b395faadf5ee0d.JPG

 

 

P1110241.thumb.JPG.89f6e27418783648f24272a05671d5c7.JPG

 

 

P1110242.thumb.JPG.a1c93f352c71cd9a7320ca1b1bd60d4e.JPG

 

P1110243.thumb.JPG.e3ac27d6405321655d09df330dfccd53.JPG

 

 

P1110244.thumb.JPG.a27d3345b041199a0463dc69d1bae47e.JPG

 

Just noticed this, don't know how it got in, Ronnie Deegan was running it last night and I thought it looked well

P1110245.thumb.JPG.9f9b844924dbf475ba9fa4eee3b0f01c.JPG

 

Lovely work. Has come a long way since last post. Love the countryside backboard and the scenery work done on the pathways.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Terms of Use