Jump to content
Noel

Kingsbridge - workbench

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

It was a most pleasant surprise to learn I had won a raffle prize at the WMRC Easter Layout Exhibition. An Irish Freight Models kit of a CIE Bogie TPO. Thank you WMRC and especially IFM who kindly donated this kit as one of the prizes for the raffle. The purchase of the raffle tickets proved fortuitous as I was just about to order one of these unique kits anyway.

IMG_5467.jpg

Decals, wheels, grab rail wire, buffers and glazing sheet included. Only extras needed are a pair of Bachmann commonwealth bogies which I already had (salvage from 3173 GSV conversion). Nice crisp resin moulding with virtually no flash.

IMG_5468.jpg

Really looking forward to working on this over the coming weeks alongside the few other projects on the bench at various stages of undress :) Anyway a most pleasant and unexpected bonus from visiting the Wexford town exhibition for the first time.

EDIT: Too excited to wait.  First coat of primer on. :)

IMG_5472.jpg

IMG_5471.jpg

Edited by Noel
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Noel said:

It was a most pleasant surprise to learn I had won a raffle prize at the WMRC Easter Layout Exhibition. An Irish Freight Models kit of a CIE Bogie TPO. Thank you WMRC and especially IFM who kindly donated this kit as one of the prizes for the raffle. The purchase of the raffle tickets proved fortuitous as I was just about to order one of these unique kits anyway.

Chaps in khaki dustcoats, sprinting into Lambe's at Ballybrophy, where they each have two pints already waiting on the counter...

  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Broithe said:

Chaps in khaki dustcoats, sprinting into Lambe's at Ballybrophy, where they each have two pints already waiting on the counter...

No dust coats, but rakes of porter... 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Glenderg said:

No dust coats, but rakes of porter... 

 

Eerie - As you posted this I was actually in the middle of watching that very film :)  Classic stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That kit actually looks half decent.

However, won't have half the detail of the TPO that IRM release in the future :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've been studying some photos and have decided to try the CIE Black'n'Tan era version. I will be making some small modifications which is half the fun.  I'll be blanking out the doors where the automatic collection and drop off gear was removed about 1962, and a few other details. I love that these coaches actually had a letter box slot on each side.  Might try and mimic the inside of the windows where they had a horizontal timber baton half way down the inside of the big windows with hooks for small sacks to be attached to. Lights might be another option.

Photo below (C) Paul Haywood's flickr

14671431763_25f3635531_b.jpg&key=95ebe3a

Edited by Noel
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Noel, very interested in the TPO project , I think they had the mail catching gear until the late sixties here's another gem from the O'Dea collection from 1967 which show's the TPO forth coach from the loco with the apparatus still attached also interesting is the coach behind the loco some old GSWR coach with whats looks like the windows painted /covered over and possibly being used as van?.

http://catalogue.nli.ie/Record/vtls000306219 

 

Edited by flange lubricator
  • Informative 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noel,

I would suggest looking at getting a Set of Studio Scale P&T TPO decals as the ones there look a wee bit crude.

 

  • Like 2
  • Informative 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2018 at 12:01 PM, Broithe said:

Lambe's

The pub on that Film is O'Gormans, Does any one know what station was this shot at (stupid questions I know). Mad Scenes.

Looked up Lambes on an internet search and like a lot of Country Pubs it has closed.  I can't seen any pub now on Google Maps next to Ballybrophy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

confused.gif I suspect this was for another thread @Georgeconna 

39 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

The pub on that Film is O'Gormans, Does any one know what station was this shot at (stupid questions I know). Mad Scenes.

Looked up Lambes on an internet search and like a lot of Country Pubs it has closed.  I can't seen any pub now on Google Maps next to Ballybrophy.

 

Edited by Noel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

The pub on that Film is O'Gormans, Does any one know what station was this shot at (stupid questions I know). Mad Scenes.

Looked up Lambes on an internet search and like a lot of Country Pubs it has closed.  I can't seen any pub now on Google Maps next to Ballybrophy.

I think O'Gorman's was in Thurles - a good sprint from the station.

Ballybrophy had two - Lambe's and Phillips's - both gone.

Donaghmore, a couple of miles south, had three, Campion's, Phelan's and now just Mooney's left. And The Green Roads, a couple of miles north of the station is still there - all to far to be 'handy', though.

Edited by Broithe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Noel said:

confused.gif I suspect this was for another thread @Georgeconna 

 

I think George is referring to the pub the lads stop off in for a pint in the TPO video you quoted above?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Garfield said:

I think George is referring to the pub the lads stop off in for a pint in the TPO video you quoted above?

Ah thanks Patrick. That's makes sense. I was getting seriously confused. :)  

TedConfused.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

Terms of Use