South Dublin MRC Exhibition Oct 28th - 30th Blackrock College

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Just a line or two to say thanks to Paul and the SDMRC team for a great weekend. This exhibition was the first I attended in the "South" (two years ago) and I was more than pleased with the result and the splendid hospitality.

A great place to meet loads of my customers, to put a name to a face and to hear the uses to which my kits get put. And, of course, just generally have great craic.

Dun Laoghaire was splendid, as were Eoin's wonderful DARTS - I may be steam to the gills, but I have no doubt that electric trains are best for railways!

Well done the IRM chaps with their bubbles - I took full advantage of their offer, now that they have decided to do them in the right colour!

Still on the subject of bubbles - my felicitations to whoever it was who built the rake of orange ones running on Lucan South (another nice layout!). A nice piece of work.

Finally, I've just heard from Richard that he made it safely home - we had left Holyhead at 1245am this morning and had our fastest ever run to Reading (and bed!!!!). R then went on to the flatlands of Ipswich once he'd been well res and rested.

See you all at Raheny (DV) in a year's time. 

Leslie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1