071 Supertrain pictures

Rate this topic

UPDATE!!!!

All New Class 071 Locomotive

We have great pleasure in announcing that the Class 071 Locomotives will go into production in the coming weeks and are due into stockists at the end of October. These models will be produced by Murphy Models directly. We have added photos of all pre-production models. These models will be available to view at the MRSI Show in Dun Laoghaire on the 18 & 19 August

Click Here for more information and photos of the pre-production models

http://www.murphymodels.com/LOCO071.html

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£144.99 in the model shop Belfast. http://modelshopbelfast.com/index.php/railways/irish-and-local.html?p=3 Obviously some one knows the price.

No, read what it says. Price is expected to be

As Paddy has said a hundred times the RRP price will be similar to the 201s. The price will only be confirmed when the models are close to dispatch. It could be £135 it could be £145. It will also be dependent on the euro sterling rate too, at present the stronger pound gets against the euro the lower the sale price will be.

Same happened with the auto ballasters, few people on here shouting about what it would be and making a whole song and dance, in the end they were completely wrong.

Guest hidden-agenda
No, read what it says. Price is expected to be

As Paddy has said a hundred times the RRP price will be similar to the 201s. The price will only be confirmed when the models are close to dispatch. It could be £135 it could be £145. It will also be dependent on the euro sterling rate too, at present the stronger pound gets against the euro the lower the sale price will be.

Same happened with the auto ballasters, few people on here shouting about what it would be and making a whole song and dance, in the end they were completely wrong.

My apologies i did,nt read the small print down the bottom of your list i only noticed the large highlighted price. Might be an idea to put TBC beside the large highlighted price as i was initially under the impression that was the price.

Edited by hidden-agenda

The exchange rate here today it would cost euro 164.44 including p&p

That seems to be using an exchange rate from xe.com or the value of sterling on the business part of the news etc. Banks won't give you that price, they charge a commission and the rate itself is different also, usually about 2-3% off plus their commission. I just quoted anpost.ie because that's the only place I could think of where I saw the price I would actually get into my hand. Banks should be similar though. My point was anyhow that between postage, exchange rates, bank commissions, there isn't a whole difference between £125 in hattons and €175 in the Irish retailers. Again though, as stated by almost everyone, it's a bit of a guessing game for the moment about the euro retail price

Will there be painted up samples in Dun Laoghaire?

According to Baby GMs post up above:

These models will be available to view at the MRSI Show in Dun Laoghaire on the 18 & 19 August

Will bring the camera!

EDIT: Tis on the MM homepage too.

Edited by Warbonnet

Some pics just released. Images used by Kind Permission of Murphy Models and Gerry Mooney

PLEASE NOTE-these are PRE-PRODUCTION proving samples and adjustments may/will be made to final production runs.

See them in the "flesh" at Murphy Models Stand at the MRSI Show this weekend.

Also please note: NO final RRP's have yet been confirmed

082 2.jpg

082 1.jpg

078 3.jpg

078 2.jpg

078 1.jpg

073 4.jpg

073 3.jpg

073 2.jpg

073 1.jpg

082 3.jpg

082 2.jpg

082 1.jpg

078 3.jpg

078 2.jpg

078 1.jpg

073 4.jpg

073 3.jpg

073 2.jpg

073 1.jpg

082 3.jpg

Edited by The Train Man

Thanks Seamus for posting the photos for the members today. The models from the angles they are photographed from capture the look and bulk of the prototypes very well, and that is always one of the most important features in a new model. Seamus has said that these are pre production models and some changes should be amended before final production begins.

If anyone attends the MRSI show today and manages to get a chance to chat to Paddy Murphy today please ask if the IE logo is to be corrected along with the front chevron on the IR and IE models as it is a very prominent feature of the prototypes and was correct on the 141-181 models. The view of the roof on the MM website photos looks really good and the small IE logo loco is also nice. 112 and the freight locos look to be in the lead at the moment in the looks department.

Rich,

Thanks for sharing the photos Fran and Stephen. I hope everyone had a good day at the show. Did anyone ask PM if any of the livery errors will be corrected for the production batches.

Rich,

He was holding court with a load of people every time I was there Rich, couldn't get near them. Heard that the Mark IIs are currently in production though.

He was holding court with a load of people every time I was there Rich, couldn't get near them. Heard that the Mark IIs are currently in production though.

Cheers Fran, I was in Marks Models a few months before the release of the 141's and I had a chance to have a chat with Paddy. He is a very engaging, informative and friendly man when he talks one on one. He was telling me that he was unsure about the thickness of the white lining on the black and tan 141 samples as he thought it was to narrow. He corrected it for the production releases and it looks great on the model. With 5 of the releases having the chevrons on the cab needing correction before production I am confident he will be aware of it and have it sorted before release. I've got to say that the shade of blue on 112 looks really good. The silver on the freight livery loco looks really good to as it is a difficult color to reproduce when scaled down. I was having a comparison look at a pic of 076 with the small IE logo and it looks spot on on the model.

Good to hear that there are more MK11's on the way Fran as it will help people form a full rake as I have seen MK11 sets in the past without Composites and Super Standards. The Galway coaches should be nice.

Rich,

Paddy was saying that the first 3 to be released in October are 071 and 082 in Black and Silver freight livery and NIR 112

Paddy said that to me too. Looks like it's the two freight 071's and 112 to be released in October. Paddy said the factory decided that and he had no control over it as it made sense to do the two locos with the same colour together.

Paddy was saying that the first 3 to be released in October are 071 and 082 in Black and Silver freight livery and NIR 112

Paddy said that to me too. Looks like it's the two freight 071's and 112 to be released in October. Paddy said the factory decided that and he had no control over it as it made sense to do the two locos with the same colour together.

I managed to get in before the doors opened, and Sir Murphy was good enough to let me take some photo's at the rear of the case without glass reflections. Absolute gent he is. Enjoy.

Taken just before he dropped the NIR version. Twice.

DSCF5595.jpg

DSCF5594.jpg

DSCF5593.jpg

DSCF5592.jpg

DSCF5591.jpg

DSCF5590.jpg

DSCF5589.jpg

DSCF5588.jpg

DSCF5587.jpg

DSCF5586.jpg

DSCF5585.jpg

DSCF5584.jpg