071 Supertrain pictures

Rate this topic

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics Richie and thanks for sharing them. Forgetting the liveries and the different eras modelled the main look of the loco is exceptional and that's the most important thing. The hours of hard work and R&D look to have paid off and PM deserves every compliment and thank you he gets. He's an amazing and dedicated man for his age.

Rich,

Maybe if 112 flies off the shelf, we might see some of her sisters in later runs :tumbsup:

I think given the amount of 201's still on the shelves, this wont happen sadly. The 141's came along when we all had that little bit more money, not the case now sadly :(

I think given the amount of 201's still on the shelves, this wont happen sadly. The 141's came along when we all had that little bit more money, not the case now sadly :(

True but if 209 and 230 were released tomorrow I'd get both. I have been looking for 201 for 8 months now and I can't find it anywhere or for second hand. I am also on the look out for 146, 156 and 184 but I can't find them anywhere so while some stuff is not moving there are other models that are almost impossible to get.

but 112 is always fairly clean.

Maybe now, but not when IE had it on loan,it was filthy, mostly as it was worked very hard on everything from expresses to beet trains

True but if 209 and 230 were released tomorrow I'd get both. I have been looking for 201 for 8 months now and I can't find it anywhere or for second hand. I am also on the look out for 146, 156 and 184 but I can't find them anywhere so while some stuff is not moving there are other models that are almost impossible to get.

The bigger picture is important though, you might want 209 and 230, but there has to be demand for 209, ie you and I might want it, but who else does. Personally Id love to see either 207 or 233 done, same way Id love any of the 111's in their earlier guises, but its been proven that the demand is just not going to be there for them, same way the blue 201's never sold in massive numbers. Im based in the South, but I enjoy modelling NIR stock, but no doubt its the whole 'grass is greener' scenario, so unlikely the demand would be there for any shade of NIR blue, apart from the one that spent a well photographed time running on IE metals and gained LED markerlights, although Id almost confidently say that all 3 111's have been to almost every corner of the Irish network

The bigger picture is important though, you might want 209 and 230, but there has to be demand for 209, ie you and I might want it, but who else does. Personally Id love to see either 207 or 233 done, same way Id love any of the 111's in their earlier guises, but its been proven that the demand is just not going to be there for them, same way the blue 201's never sold in massive numbers. Im based in the South, but I enjoy modelling NIR stock, but no doubt its the whole 'grass is greener' scenario, so unlikely the demand would be there for any shade of NIR blue, apart from the one that spent a well photographed time running on IE metals and gained LED markerlights, although Id almost confidently say that all 3 111's have been to almost every corner of the Irish network

I dont think you can judge anything by the sales of the Lima NIR 201s. After all they were the wrong shade of blue plus 208 and 209 were both produced. With 209 being the only NIR blue version being produced this time around it should fair a little better plus a lot of people will probably by 2 so to convert the other to 208. I certainly will be!

Hopefully another 111 will get produced preferably 111 itself in the same period livery as 112 is modelled as that way it would be easy to convert it to 112 pre LED markerlights, 113 without large yellow warning panel and the current liveries of 8111 and 8113 with large yellow warning panels.

Anyway back to the 071s. They look amazing. Really looking forward to getting hold of 071 and 082 in frieght livery and 112. Hopefully the couple of small errors such as IE logo being too big or else its the black band not being big enough on the side of the IE version along with what some people on here have pointed out will be sorted by the time it hits the shops. Wonder will 082 get its own sound decoder?

I dont think you can judge anything by the sales of the Lima NIR 201s. After all they were the wrong shade of blue plus 208 and 209 were both produced. With 209 being the only NIR blue version being produced this time around it should fair a little better plus a lot of people will probably by 2 so to convert the other to 208. I certainly will be!

Hopefully another 111 will get produced preferably 111 itself in the same period livery as 112 is modelled as that way it would be easy to convert it to 112 pre LED markerlights, 113 without large yellow warning panel and the current liveries of 8111 and 8113 with large yellow warning panels.

Anyway back to the 071s. They look amazing. Really looking forward to getting hold of 071 and 082 in frieght livery and 112. Hopefully the couple of small errors such as IE logo being too big or else its the black band not being big enough on the side of the IE version along with what some people on here have pointed out will be sorted by the time it hits the shops. Wonder will 082 get its own sound decoder?

Interesting points about 208 and 209, but another factor is the relatively short time they ran in NIR livery before they were repainted into Enterprise, limiting their scope. Always thought they looked good in blue though. There is also the relative lack of rolling stock for them to run with without having to resort to finding the Lima NIR Mark IIs or repainting.

The 111s on the other hand have been around much longer in NIR livery (of various guises) so maybe there will be scope for these being released later on. I would like one in late 80s/early-mid 90s guise to run alongside IR stock. Just need to get some coaches to go with it!

No original Enterprise 201 is the puzzler for me, been around a long time, seen all over the country on all sorts of stock. Would pick one of them up.

Certainly a stable of all three NIR 071's with the 201s would provoke a swing in the blue direction :)

Quite possibly, the MIR 80 kits built up could go with them too. Maybe PM could commission some Bachmann Mark IIs ala the IR/IE ones too. I wouldn't be an expert in NIR rolling stock though, would they be similar to the BR Mark IIs?

Interesting points about 208 and 209, but another factor is the relatively short time they ran in NIR livery before they were repainted into Enterprise, limiting their scope. Always thought they looked good in blue though. There is also the relative lack of rolling stock for them to run with without having to resort to finding the Lima NIR Mark IIs or repainting.

The 111s on the other hand have been around much longer in NIR livery (of various guises) so maybe there will be scope for these being released later on. I would like one in late 80s/early-mid 90s guise to run alongside IR stock. Just need to get some coaches to go with it!

No original Enterprise 201 is the puzzler for me, been around a long time, seen all over the country on all sorts of stock. Would pick one of them up.

Yes, the original Enterprise livery on a 201 is a model that I have on my wish list.

Fran a lot of people are prepared and are happy enough to run stock on their layout from different eras and geographical location. Some people are more concerned about prototype fidelity and running the correct stock in the right era. The model of 8208 is still available in many shops. I don't think 209 would sell as well as the other variants even though it would be a beautiful model, and it could encourage more people to model NIR stock. The old Enterprise livery was one I was really looking forward to as it is one of the most eye catching liveries to ever grace the class. To be honest I would (given the choice) rather see a 121 produced at the sake of any more 201's, but you never know.

Rich,

Fran a lot of people are prepared and are happy enough to run stock on their layout from different eras and geographical location. Some people are more concerned about prototype fidelity and running the correct stock in the right era. The model of 8208 is still available in many shops. I don't think 209 would sell as well as the other variants even though it would be a beautiful model, and it could encourage more people to model NIR stock. The old Enterprise livery was one I was really looking forward to as it is one of the most eye catching liveries to ever grace the class. To be honest I would (given the choice) rather see a 121 produced at the sake of any more 201's, but you never know.

Rich,

I would agree with you Rich on the 121s,as I would want the 121s closer to

production than more 201s to be done.Paddy did say that the 121s are about

one or two years away and he said that his own sound chip is on the cards

as well.

I would agree with you Rich on the 121s,as I would want the 121s closer to

production than more 201s to be done.Paddy did say that the 121s are about

one or two years away and he said that his own sound chip is on the cards

as well.

That's really positive news Eamonn on the 121's and sound chip. I'd love a 141 or 181 and 121 double heading a freight train or two 121's. There are lot's of livery and detail differences on the prototypes. 124 and 134 in the later IE livery with the center windows filled in would be nice.

Rich,

Rich,

I agree Rich, but the livery is probably not as well known as the others and fewer people may have seen it in real life, resulting in fewer fond mermories. I tend to be interested in what I remember or have nostalgia for in Ireland and the UK, rather than present day (except when it comes to American stuff, that comes down with the models being so impressive.) I wouldn't be surprised if others think along similar lines too. Just a thought. I have no real memories of seeing 201s in NIR blue, so probably wouldn't get one. I do however, remember seeing NIR 111s in Connolly and travelling behind 112 when on loan to IE, so they'd be on my list.

I would plump for a 121 over them too, especially an IR one to run on push-pulls and 124 and 134 in IE doubling up on cement bubbles, once again going off my nostalgic memories!

I agree Rich, but the livery is probably not as well known as the others and fewer people may have seen it in real life, resulting in fewer fond mermories. I tend to be interested in what I remember or have nostalgia for in Ireland and the UK, rather than present day (except when it comes to American stuff, that comes down with the models being so impressive.) I wouldn't be surprised if others think along similar lines too. Just a thought. I have no real memories of seeing 201s in NIR blue, so probably wouldn't get one. I do however, remember seeing NIR 111s in Connolly and travelling behind 112 when on loan to IE, so they'd be on my list.

I would plump for a 121 over them too, especially an IR one to run on push-pulls and 124 and 134 in IE doubling up on cement bubbles, once again going off my nostalgic memories!

That all sounds good to me Fran. Nostalgia and recreating the real world in miniature is the core of the hobby. The American modelling side of the hobby is very diverse and extremely interesting when you gain an interest for it. Some of the steam outline models are amazing pieces of engineering. I've definitely been spending a lot of time on youtube lately checking out the trans Atlantic prototype and modelling uploads. Then there's that connection with our own locos being built in the USA and Canada by GM.

I think most Irish modellers of a certain age have a soft spot for the 121's. They just look so unique and they cover a huge geographical and period of the railways that they are a must from the sixties onwards. Mind you a lot of the drivers that I know or knew weren't as ecstatically keen on the prototypes as I was.

Rich,

That all sounds good to me Fran. Nostalgia and recreating the real world in miniature is the core of the hobby. The American modelling side of the hobby is very diverse and extremely interesting when you gain an interest for it. Some of the steam outline models are amazing pieces of engineering. I've definitely been spending a lot of time on youtube lately checking out the trans Atlantic prototype and modelling uploads. Then there's that connection with our own locos being built in the USA and Canada by GM.

I think most Irish modellers of a certain age have a soft spot for the 121's. They just look so unique and they cover a huge geographical and period of the railways that they are a must from the sixties onwards. Mind you a lot of the drivers that I know or knew weren't as ecstatically keen on the prototypes as I was.

Rich,

Yep it's amazing that despite looking quite different in many ways how much American locos have in common with our own GMs, even externally as you're finding out on your 201 ;)

Yep it's amazing that despite looking quite different in many ways how much American locos have in common with our own GMs, even externally as you're finding out on your 201 ;)

That's true Fran regarding the air dryer filters. I wouldn't mind a closer look at the Cannon & Co GM fuel tank details to see if there is anything on it that could be used on a MM 201.

Rich,

That's true Fran regarding the air dryer filters. I wouldn't mind a closer look at the Cannon & Co GM fuel tank details to see if there is anything on it that could be used on a MM 201.

Rich,

Have a kit at home that I'm going to use on a GP40, will send you some pics later on or tomorrow.

Rich,

I remember you saying that the new Murphy 201s are not quite

right in the fuel tank area,what is the difference do you

remember.

Eamonn

I remember you saying that the new Murphy 201s are not quite

right in the fuel tank area,what is the difference do you

remember.

Eamonn

Eamonn I just sent you an e-mail outlaying things including model and prototype pics and hopefully it should explain everything. Give me a heads up when you get it.

Rich,

Eamonn I just sent you an e-mail outlaying things including model and prototype pics and hopefully it should explain everything. Give me a heads up when you get it.

Rich,

Thanks Rich,I got e maill and will reply to you when I get

back on the laptop tomorrow as my I pod touch won't let me

view photos properly.

Eamonn