IRM Cement Bubble Latest News

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

That's space shuttle speed.

It's not the speed so much it's just a longer rake.

We threw a motley crew of wagons and coaches behind it too and ran it in the middle and end of train and it didn’t cause any hassle, unlike a wagon from a household name who will remain nameless! :)

We want to ensure that our wagons run as good as they look, so we test them to make sure performance is up to scratch.

Here is our cement bubble hammering through complex points, both being pulled and pushed and stalled to ensure they stay on the rails on our temporary test track. As you can see, performance was flawless.

The bubbles are getting closer to our shores! :)http://www.irishrailwaymodels.com//shop

It's also worth subscribing to our YouTube channel so you can see all the video content coming your way! :)

its a tough day at the office again I see , :trains:

We recently got this image from our factory in China and reminded us of toffee apples. Quite apt, since these are due around Halloween...

Image uploaded from iOS.jpg

They're getting closer, folks! Thank you for the orders so far. Make sure you get yours when they land on Irish shores, order now http://www.irishrailwaymodels.com/shop

Edited by Warbonnet

Here's a sneak peek from our factory at our CIE bubbles before assembly. Don't they look great? I have to say; I do love them with the CIE roundel...

CIE Bubbles Factory.jpg

Our factory are working round the clock to make sure they get here by the end of the month! Don't miss out on the best model of the most iconic Irish wagons. Place your order today http://www.irishrailwaymodels.com/shop

Looking good men. The weld seam lines look really good, not something that lots of manufacturers have gotten right such as roof weld seams. I can't remember seeing them on any bubble kits neither. Really looking forward to them.

Rich,

Thanks Rich! We were disappointed with the seams on the original tooling, so we asked our factory to dial them down when we were going through the changes. We're delighted with the result. They're barely visible but you they're there. Just like the real ones. :)

Thanks Rich! We were disappointed with the seams on the original tooling, so we asked our factory to dial them down when we were going through the changes. We're delighted with the result. They're barely visible but you they're there. Just like the real ones. :)

I took these in Waterford West Fran and looking at the revised model pics IRM have done a superb job in capturing them.

Bubble Waterford west 2.jpg

It was hard to see them when the wagons were moving and even harder when they were caked in cement and grime. The underframe pipe work is a work of art. I actually got down to track level that day and had a look (with permission granted from IE) although I never took the pics as I had some other items of rolling stock to photograph.

Rich,

Bubble waterford west 1.jpg

Bubble waterford west 1.jpg

• Like 1

Funny thing is that those two photos were heavily referenced throughout the process, along with another 217 more....Every photo on this site is valuable for this craic, and we don't forget those that post them either.

You'll note that the two weld seams between the main cylinder and the "boobs" at either end have weathered heavily and are most prominent on wagons, whilst the quartering weld seams appear to disappear. Manufacturing means that the bubble is composed of several parts and there's a natural joint where that weathering takes place. Happy accident I reckon.

Looking forward to get my hands on a set shortly, along with the full range of MIG weathering powders, to see if I can distress one of these ladies to match a scaled reality. I get the feeling I might be the only one brave enough (initially) to chuck crap at pristine models, but it's all for a good cause :P

R

91FFF5F8-557B-46D8-94F3-4B384896C67A.jpg

Our bubbles are proving to be hugely popular judging by preorders so far, but some are more popular than others.

The ‘Irish Cement’ branded bubbles are out in front in the sales charts at the moment. Only a few bubbles received the branding in reality, with most hanging on to their CIE roundel until the very end. Here’s a shot from a couple of weeks back before final assembly!

We hope you all are staying safe indoors during the storm. A perfect excuse for some Railway Modelling!

You can order your bubbles now http://www.irishrailwaymodels.com/shop

Hi Fran, silly question time, do you have any idea how many bubbles got Irish cement branding.

My reason for asking is if it's only a few more than the three pack it might be worthwhile

for me to get another pack and possibly see about renumbering them, Tia,

John.

Hi Fran, silly question time, do you have any idea how many bubbles got Irish cement branding.

My reason for asking is if it's only a few more than the three pack it might be worthwhile

for me to get another pack and possibly see about renumbering them, Tia,

John.

Hi John, we only know the identities of three for definite, and they’re the ones in pack A. There were a few more possibly, but we didn’t have enough concrete (sorry!) reference material on them to be 100% sure. Sorry!

B1D732D4-5482-402A-8077-6D474FAF465C.jpeg

We like setting our factory challenges and push standards ever further. One challenge was to have a printed gauge on the discharge equipment on the bubbles. As you can see, they have come up trumps! Here is the plumbing before the separately applied handles are applied.

This time next week you could have the fully finished article in your hands at the South Dublin Model Railway Club show. You can also order them now and pick them up at the show!

http://Www.irishrailwaymodels.com/shop

• Like 2
  • WOW! 1

One slightly worrying problem has come to light this evening when I went on my Irish Railway Models Account to check which sets I had ordered is that it says I havn't ordered any whereas I have in fact ordered and paid for 3 sets back in May. Hopefully this is just another problem with the new web site and I have emailed them direct to sort things out. However it may be prudent for anyone else just to check their accounts to see if their orders are registered.

Ernie

Hi Ernie

Rest assured we have all orders. However early bubble orders won’t show up on the site. If in any doubt drop us a direct email or message and we can confirm. 

We’ll be in touch either way with all customers with bubble orders over the coming week in anticipation of delivery 

• Informative 1

Hi Everyone,

Below is some important information regarding the delivery of the cement bubbles. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Cheers!

Irish Cement Bubbles Factory 23102017.jpg

Delivery of Cement Bubbles

As you may already know, we made big changes to our cement bubble wagon after reviewing the first tooling sample we received. We were unsatisfied with the level of detail and fidelity of the preproduction model delivered by our previous agent and decided to go back to the drawing board.

This caused a delay in bringing the definitive model of the iconic CIE cement bubble, which we had hoped to deliver in August 2017. We were assured that late October 2017 was a more realistic timeline, just in time for the South Dublin Model Railway Show at Blackrock.

However, despite herculean efforts from our Chinese factory, we will only have part of the shipment ready for Blackrock. This consists of enough of Pack As to cover all pre-orders as well as stock for sale on the day, and a limited amount of pack B. The balance of this order is due to follow in mid November. This delay in production is due to the sheer amount of separately applied detail required to make the bubble the very best 00 gauge wagon on the market. We are immensely thankful to our shipping partner IWT for organising the air freight of this portion of the order in order to get them to Dublin in time for the show.

If you would like to collect your pack A and/or pack B at the South Dublin MRC show, we ask you to email us to let us know before 6pm on Thursday, October 26th at info@irishrailwaymodels.com. If we do not receive notice before this deadline we will not be able to give the models to you at the show. Anyone who would like to collect their models must also provide proof of purchase and photo ID.

59ee36dfc760b_WeChatImage_20171022171031.jpg.a9698b11555236e4b128e4a5723b9a5b.jpg

If you have ordered a rake to be delivered by post your models will be sent in one shipment when the balance of bubbles arrive in stock. If you have just ordered Pack A and/or then these will be posted to you next week where stock is available.

We would like to thank you for your patience and apologise for this delay. We promise that the bubbles will be well worth the wait.

Sincerely,

Fran, Patrick, Richard and Stephen

Irish Railway Models

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

27 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Thanks lads. We're disappointed that they wont be all here but at least we have some to hand on Saturday.

We will have Pack A's for sale on the stand along with ballasts as well as hopefully a few pack Bs, a glimpse at our next announcement and much more!

Don't be Fran it's not bad news. I'm looking forward to hearing about the next announcement. In the meantime the rest of the bubbles are only around the corner and the Tara project is next. As Oddball said in Kelly's heroes, enough with the negative waves :D.

Rich,

• Funny 1

I just want to complement you guys on your excellent customer service - Ye must be very busy getting these models made to such a high standard, arranging shipping/ deliveries as well as living yer own busy lives yet still take the time to answer emails & enquiries promptly. What impresses me most is ye keep us informed of any delays & explain the reasons why. 99% of us don't mind waiting for something, especially something like these beauties, once we are kept informed which ye have done at all times. So well done guys on not just designing & producing such excellent models, but also going about your business so professionally. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2