IRM Cement Bubble Latest News

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

No surprises there Stephen. For me the MM baby GM's are one of the best rtr models out there and set the bar very high. The one area where our hobby was lacking was in a need for a rtr wagon. When a wagon was to be produced it had to at the least match the quality of the MM locos. The ballast wagon reached that standard and after some time familiarizing myself with the ballast I could see that it had not only matched the loco quality but it had in many areas surpassed it. The bubble seems to have raised the bar again . This is the way it should be, this is where the hobby is now and where it is going. We owe it to future modellers to keep raising the bar and to make the hobby move forward and not stagnate. IRM have done this and their intention is to always improve and in doing this they are securing a place for the future of our hobby. It is definitely a fantastic time for us all and long may it continue.

Rich,

• Like 4

Just a quick heads up for fellow forumers, with the show and online sales we're down to the last handful of the Pack A cement bubbles (Irish Cement Logo).

If you want to grab a pack or two, this is your last chance as these wagons will not be repeated! Thanks for all the support, it's ensuring the next wagon can keep moving!

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/shop/freight-stock/cement-bubble-multi-pack-a/

Finally got the chance to give my bubble wagons a good inspection,.  WOW ,.  the level of detail is just outstanding,

these wagons are  exceptional .      A big thank you must go to the four lads for bringing this community such amazing 

wagons,.  Without their enthusiasm and commitment for our hobby ,.!  well the wagons speak volumes.

Thank you .   Stephen,Fran,Patrick& Richie.

ps as usual don't know if posted in right place.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

Thanks Paddy for the order and the kind words!

China are still working hard on the rest of the Ivory bubbles and should be finished in the next week or so. Then it's straight onto the Orange bubbles. :)

Speaking of bubbles, weathering master Tony Mirolo sent us in a couple of pics of a pack he is working on. This is the lightest of the three weathering wise, apparently! Think they look top notch if I do say so myself! 

IMG_1247.thumb.JPG.7bd7052e540f9426c13d5aec91fc20b4.JPG

IMG_1249.thumb.JPG.fe30ddfefea8f63a3c766c2c27aee8b9.JPG

• Like 2
  • WOW! 3

Looks really good and how they should look in traffic. The interesting thing about the bubbles is that you could see a particular wagon during a period of dry warm weather and then see it a few weeks later after a period of wet weather and it looks completely different. Weathering is a very subjective topic with some modellers even choosing a season and weathering everything to suit that exact time of year. Once again it looks fantastic and takes an already excellent model to a higher level of accuracy.

Rich,

On 11/2/2017 at 4:16 PM, Warbonnet said:

Thanks Paddy for the order and the kind words!

China are still working hard on the rest of the Ivory bubbles and should be finished in the next week or so. Then it's straight onto the Orange bubbles. :)

Speaking of bubbles, weathering master Tony Mirolo sent us in a couple of pics of a pack he is working on. This is the lightest of the three weathering wise, apparently! Think they look top notch if I do say so myself! 

IMG_1247.thumb.JPG.7bd7052e540f9426c13d5aec91fc20b4.JPG

IMG_1249.thumb.JPG.fe30ddfefea8f63a3c766c2c27aee8b9.JPG

Ah Jaysus - that's just the 'Dogs wobblies'! :drool:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Any chance of another run of Irish Cement bubbles, only manage to secure 1 pack for myself and don't have funds to get another before they sell out, (only 4 left). I know they sold out so quick only because they are the only packs that can be bought at this time and chances are there will be a few CIE packs hanging around for a bit as a result. Maybe people will start swapping IC for CIE packs as they were very rare IC bubbles in reality.

7 minutes ago, Railer said:

Any chance of another run of Irish Cement bubbles, only manage to secure 1 pack for myself and don't have funds to get another before they sell out, (only 4 left). I know they sold out so quick only because they are the only packs that can be bought at this time and chances are there will be a few CIE packs hanging around for a bit as a result. Maybe people will start swapping IC for CIE packs as they were very rare IC bubbles in reality.

Might there even be a market for conversion transfers - @Weshty?

On 11/4/2017 at 9:16 PM, jason brady said:

Love the look of them crossing the bridge Eamonn.Really is top class :-bd

Agreed.  That is a lovely diorama.  Telegraph pole, shaggy hedges, hilly background, rivetted bridge, school bus.  As irish as glugging a bottle of TK sweating it in the back of a Morris Marina while your dad puffs a Carrols on your way to the match.

Edited by Weshty
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Maybe Ask Marks to hold a set and pay it off over a short period of time.

The Card system is a good idea though from IRM. Must look into that myself.

Hi George,

Do you still do weathering?? I'm asking as I have a few items including the bubbles that I hope to be receiving in the post soon, to be weathered & I havn't seen anything from you on your FB page in a while. You did quite a few of my loco's & stock which were top class so would love you to do these aswell..

Martin.

5 hours ago, Railer said:

Hi Railer,

Once we do a model, we do not do a re-run. We only have evidence of four bubbles getting Irish Cement. and we've done three. 

I can now also confirm that we have sold out of Pack A here at IRM towers. Thanks to everyone who ordered!

• Like 3