IRM Cement Bubble Latest News

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

35 minutes ago, RedRich said:

That was quick Fran congratulations to all concerned at IRM. My own personal favorite will definitely be number 25195.

Rich,  

My personal fave too Rich, love the old school CIE about it and the fact it wore the ‘bulk cement’ branding till the bitter end in 2009.

Love 25195 myself. It's my poster wagon I show off when someone asks to see them. 

Managed to get another Pack A from Marks today. I just knew you guys would sell out last night before I got paid. I like to keep a 1 boxed set and a running set of everything I have. My OCD with this hobby.

Edited by Railer
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Railer said:

Love 25195 myself. It's my poster wagon I show off when someone asks to see them. 

Managed to get another Pack A from Marks today. I just knew you guys would sell out last night before I got paid. I like to keep a 1 boxed set and a running set of everything I have. My OCD with this hobby.

Glad you got sorted Railer. The other bubbles aren't that far behind the Irish Cement ones in selling out. We've been blown away by demand! 

The rest of the bubbles leave the factory this coming Friday, so lots of packing and shipping to come for us over the next few weeks. After the factory ship on Friday, they're straight into production of the orange bubbles :)

• Like 2

Can't wait to get the knock on the door Fran. I was looking at some footage last night of a pair of babies hauling a rake of 12. Also watched a train of 36 wagons heading north through Thomastown. You could also see rakes of various numbers in between and sometimes less than 12. If you have the space run as long a rake as you can, they were an impressive sight.

Rich, 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Glenderg said:

36! I fondly remember 121's hauling them from the junction to Limerick and always it being around 24. Every days a school day! 

124 and 134 are hauling it Richie, a Waterford to North Wall empties. A lovely piece of footage of the train roaring through the station.

Rich,

Bubbles leaving on a jet plane!

We are delighted to announce that the remaining pack A and B, along with all our C and D packs of bubbles left our factory in China today and will be flown to Irish shores. They are due to be with us next Friday when inspection and dispatch will begin!

IMG_2109.thumb.PNG.a848ff9e347ea02bb093d7e8cf6658d3.PNG

• Like 3
  • WOW! 1

The 'Bubbles' after I had set them down in Thurles shortly before the cement was stopped by rail forever.  Loved working the Cement jobs as they were grand & relaxing...except when they shunted you out of the way for a passenger train which was nowhere near ya ¬¬

20160920_161400.jpg

Prefered working these babies though!!

20160920_161303.jpg

Edited by rebelred
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, heirflick said:

Great pics indeed  and as the eyesight isnt great -  I assume there is 20+ bubbles in that rake...was that the norm?Confused face animated emoticon

It depended on where they were running to Seamus. I remember seeing a train of 13 plus a Beet heading to Limerick 15 years ago. 36 is the most I have seen in a rake, 8 is the smallest.

Rich,

• Like 3

True Seamus. The great thing about the hobby is that we can recreate the railway to whatever suits our taste be it era, location, or favorite rolling stock. These models will now allow me to recreate a train of one of my own favorite pieces of rolling stock and traffic, especially a proper scale model that is also a top class model. It's a good time to be involved in the hobby.

Rich,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Stunning :) Slightly offtopic but what backscene is that? looks super!

Thanks for that - it is almost 10 years since I laid that backdrop down! I first pasted on Peco Cloudy Sky paper as a backdrop. Then I cut out the scenic section of an Auhagen Wooded hillsides background mural No 42 511. This was pasted on top of the sky paper which gives an effect of relief. This also has the pleasing effect of the clouds seeming to drift from behind the wooded hills. Gerry

DSCF1230.JPG

• Like 2
  • WOW! 2