Garfield

Behind the scenes at IRM

Best of luck guys.. does this mean the ammonias are a shoe in for the next project(6??)since very similar wagons ran in the U.K. for ICI?

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, MOGUL said:

Best of luck guys.. does this mean the ammonias are a shoe in for the next project(6??)since very similar wagons ran in the U.K. for ICI?

Steady on! xD

A clever and logical progression.  :tumbsup:

Enterprising and good business. Best of luck to Stephen and the gang.  I have no doubt they will have even greater business success in the much larger market.

• Thanks 2

Best wishes to four extremely nice gentlemen,. Hope this is a huge success for you also.  looks like I'll be parting

with the rest of my communion money you already have.  Good luck.

• Thanks 2

Thanks lads, it means a lot, and I did think CIE were odd in the way they went about design - turns out our counterparts across the ditch have a similarly oddball way of doing things, which I find delightful and challenging all at the same time. 

A piece of rolling stock with 4 different buffer patterns? Yip, seen in the flesh several times. Or another with two different types of brake gear on it? And for a man who has an unhealthy interest in axleboxes, whoa-hoa, it's been a roller coaster so far - roller bearing - hooded and unhooded, grease box, LNER, GNR, sloped, no mind yer standard BR Timken's! Yes the OCD is strong on this adventure, but as Mies Van Der Rohe once said, "God is in the Detail" :)

Rich

P.S. the Irish stuff has not been put on any backburner either, we're "all ahead, flank speed" as Garfield might say. 

• Like 4
  • Funny 2