Behind the scenes at IRM

Rate this topic

Garfield

Thanks lads, it means a lot, and I did think CIE were odd in the way they went about design - turns out our counterparts across the ditch have a similarly oddball way of doing things, which I find delightful and challenging all at the same time. 

A piece of rolling stock with 4 different buffer patterns? Yip, seen in the flesh several times. Or another with two different types of brake gear on it? And for a man who has an unhealthy interest in axleboxes, whoa-hoa, it's been a roller coaster so far - roller bearing - hooded and unhooded, grease box, LNER, GNR, sloped, no mind yer standard BR Timken's! Yes the OCD is strong on this adventure, but as Mies Van Der Rohe once said, "God is in the Detail" :)

Rich

P.S. the Irish stuff has not been put on any backburner either, we're "all ahead, flank speed" as Garfield might say. 

• Like 4
  • Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

What that then?, I noticed it on your signature last week but Nada on the website.

Hi George,

Accurascale.com is the new UK Outline brand of Irish Railway Models :)

As well as an exciting roadmap of Irish outline under the IRM brand, we plan to bring our attention to detail to the UK market, launching in February :)

28 minutes ago, Garfield said:

We were interviewed by Andy York of BRM/RMweb this weekend at the Warley show.

Excellent! If I had known, you could have told him that the extending ladders that I bought off him a few weeks ago have been very useful already.

You were mentioned at the time of the transaction..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ttc0169 said:

Delighted to have met the both of you at Warley and best of luck with your new venture.

Always a pleasure to see you Noel (and the other forum members at the show, it was like a local one I recognized so many faces!) hope you had a nice evening with your good lady!

re the video; “they’re thin on the ice”?? My god! :$ I’ve spent my working life throwing others in front of cameras, from sporting stars to politicians. Was a long time since I did it myself but it was good to do, even if I have a face more suited to radio xD

Warley, as always, was an interesting experience and I would recommend it to anyone to do it at least once. There really is something for everyone. Patrick and I spent a lot of the show in work mode, but we did get to see a few layouts and exhibits too this afternoon before the flight home.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Garfield said:

We were interviewed by Andy York of BRM/RMweb this weekend at the Warley show:

Well done there lads - ye acquitted yerselves very well!  Had a call from relations of herself from across the foam wondering what this new company might be up to - appears to be great interest over there!:tumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Glenderg said:

A fund for a few new shirts is all I'm willing to reveal..currently haggling over Charvet vs Dunnes...

Oi!  Don't you know Ben's Boutique has gone very upmarket this last while.  I'm sure Margaret's Paul Costelloe line will see you right .:P

53 minutes ago, Weshty said:

Oi!  Don't you know Ben's Boutique has gone very upmarket this last while.  I'm sure Margaret's Paul Costelloe line will see you right .:P

Any good army surplus stores carry a good line in camo shirts.... Deadly for yer next deployment with the ruler!!!:rolleyes:

Edited by heirflick
  • Funny 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

I'm not sure that's a fully correct "flying snail" on that wagon. Czech it out for yourself......

It was the black chassis that had me worried - still "pivo dělá hezká těla", as they say out there.

Edited by Broithe
  • Funny 1

18 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and with trains always an integral part of Santa's delivery list, we decided to go all out and decorate IRM Towers to make the occasion.

Yep, that'll do grand.

IRM Christmas 2018.jpg

Here Lads....you need some snow to go with that display - and I even weathered the bucket!!:rolleyes:

Image result for a bucket of snow pic

• Funny 4

• 1 month later...