Behind the scenes at IRM

Rate this topic

Garfield

46 minutes ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

This is starting to turn into a Rapido game!!

Just announce the next Irish release and forget about this lot over here!!😀

Or a survey photo of one sq inch of A39r cab door handle, and a little green foliage to make it authentic. 😄

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

5ad4cd8de8be8_HornbyMagFeature2018.jpg.99a3a7f5aabf04d36ffa8907642cc180.jpg

We did an interview with Ben Jones for the May edition of Hornby Magazine, discussing the plans for IRM and Accurascale and our background to date. Not sure it will give a 'behind the scenes' look at us but it might give an insight into all things IRM. @Garfield will sign copies at the Bangor show on a first come, first served basis! :) 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Garfield said:

Afterwards, I'll drive the van into the nearest pool and throw the TV through the hotel room window. May as well start as I mean to go on...

Keith Moon and John Bonham rolled into one Pat. Ditch the van it will only have any credibility if it's a Roller. 

Rich,

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

42 minutes ago, Garfield said:

I don’t know about that, Rich... the IRM passion wagon has a unique charm and class of its own!

If it has to be the van then it has to be the van Pat. Just make sure the tv is an old school tv and not a flat screen job it just won't go off the same way when it hits the ground, and make sure you book out the whole top floor of the hotel.

Rich,

• Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DiveController said:

I hope ye're using this to subsidize the irish wagons, coaches, and locos!? WE don't want IRM drifting too far to the dark side now..... 

Hopefully that's already clear in the new Tara Mines wagon pack prices :)

• 3 weeks later...

In a big day for IRM / Accurascale, our first British model arrived in from China and we have been flat out wrapping and packing them for shipment to their new homes!

(thank you to those of you who have supported us with a couple of purchases of them despite modelling Irish, we appreciate that! )

388938480_HGHT6945(2).thumb.JPG.3c252efbc1d7a6ecba590c781aa581a9.JPG

731772357_IMG_2837(2).thumb.JPG.10e00460cfc6a512523c6df2dd1355bb.JPG

IMG_3044.thumb.JPG.cc2fc1e1ef6c62d1f000d4c08d1fc99b.JPG

• Like 9

9 hours ago, popeye said:

I'm not surprised they like them and i knew the box would get a thumbs up. :-bd :-bd

Yeah and they seem to really dig the presentation and packaging too. Has a real quality look to it. Think I'm going to have to get myself a pack. Might get a TOPs pack and run it with NIR 111 in a 1980s theme where they are trialing ex BR hoppers regauged as a possible replacement for the Seacows.🤪 From looking at the RM web customer pics up recently these wagons look a step up again in detail over anything released so far under the IRM branding which I did not think was possible. These HUOs seem to be rammed full of tiny over the top detail most people would never notice but it's all there. Just amazing what they have achieved with these in the 6 months since they were announced. 

Edited by Railer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Patrick and I did our first show in Britain this weekend, doing the Perth show sharing a stand with Dave of Model Rail Baseboards. Lots of love for the HUO and for IRM too, selling several bubble packs along the way! It was also good to see familiar faces from home and meet some new ones too. Great seeing two Irish outline layouts running IRM stock at the show too! Expect to see us both at future events in Blighty throughout this year and beyond.

0C30A3A8-EF8A-4CFF-B63E-923C6DA727CE.thumb.png.24bd1888dd33196becac552e9087a82e.png

• Like 5
  • WOW! 1

Troops, It was a pleasure to have each of you join us in Perth.  I look forward to the possibility of this being the first in a long series of visits to our annual festival of Model Railways in the Fair City of Perth. The  "Flying Snail"  used on Old Blarney is featured in your photograph.  a truly Irish picture! Was this intentional? Anyway, it was great to meet each of you.

David White'

Perth and District Model Railway Club.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

IRM2019Teaser.thumb.jpg.ef1b3f38cdcbcc7ae74f53c69171750e.jpg

"So, how did you spend your day in work on this wet, cold, windy January day, Richie?"

"Ah sure the usual, climbing all over a subject for our next model, laying on wet ballast underneath it, taking hundreds of pictures and measuring it. Sure I love the glamour jobs!"

What could it be? Find out later this year! :)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

IRM2019Teaser.thumb.jpg.ef1b3f38cdcbcc7ae74f53c69171750e.jpg

"So, how did you spend your day in work on this wet, cold, windy January day, Richie?"

"Ah sure the usual, climbing all over a subject for our next model, laying on wet ballast underneath it, taking hundreds of pictures and measuring it. Sure I love the glamour jobs!"

What could it be? Find out later this year! :)

When will the next IRM item be announced? 

(Put me down for a couple, unless it’s an ICR!)

• Funny 3

1 minute ago, jhb171achill said:

We're not 100% sure yet JB, but possibly Bangor, but dont hold us to that! We want to clear the decks of poughs and 42ft goodies before we unleash this one on the market. :)

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

laugh.gif Priceless 

Intrigued as intended by the clever marketing what the next loco might be :) 

Edited by Noel
  • Like 2

I know the lads are all about the detail even if it is tiny and needs to be viewed under a magnifying glass but seriously a working scale 00 gauge tape rule in imperial and metric. How about getting Richie scanned by Modelu with the tape rule in hand.

Seriously looking forward to future announcements.

Rich,

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

7 hours ago, RedRich said:

I know the lads are all about the detail even if it is tiny and needs to be viewed under a magnifying glass but seriously a working scale 00 gauge tape rule in imperial and metric. How about getting Richie scanned by Modelu with the tape rule in hand.

Seriously looking forward to future announcements.

Rich,

now theres an extra irish rail track workers and staff in oo scale packs

• Like 1