IRM Special offers and Product Launch This Weekend for the SDMRC Show

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

1001-04.thumb.jpg.4c8d97526721f0f6045cc025acb92081.jpg

Hi everyone,

As you know we like to do some special offers for the Dublin show each year. This year is no different! We will be offering unbeatable discounts on ballast wagons as well as a very special offer for the item we're launching at the show on Saturday. These deals will be for this weekend only, both at the show and online, from Saturday Morning until Monday evening (Oct 30th, 2017)

Buy any two ballast packs for €220, saving €20!

Buy a rake of ballast wagons (1 Pack A, 1 Pack B and 1 Pack C) for €310, saving €50!

Project 4 is of course, a wagon. Sold in packs of three like our bubbles and ballasts. It will cost €125 per pack.

Buy two packs of project 4 for €225, saving €25!

Buy a rake of project 4 wagons (four packs) for €425, saving €75!

Remember folks, this weekend only. Will not be repeated. Cannot be mixed with other wagons.  To paraphrase that well known home-ware store "Once They're Gone, They're Gone!" The ballasts very nearly are, so don't miss out. We also will not be revealing what project 4 is until Saturday morning, not even via PM! We will put up pictures on here and Facebook so those who cannot make the show do not miss out. 

We will have a deco sample of project four, it's crude, without detail and we are not happy with the colour. It will be available to order from us online and at the show. 

Thanks,

Fran (on behalf of IRM!) 

• Like 4

Roll on Saturday Fran. Those are very kind offers from IRM and it shows your appreciation to us by making us feel like we are a part of it also. Two models already available (well on Saturday) Taras getting there and a fourth wagon to be announced, really impressive. It has been a great couple of years and there are many more to come.

Rich,

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Railer said:

Any word on Tara prices seeing as we have Project 4 prices? Think the taras are sold in pairs?

Hi Railer,

Happy to confirm that yes, the Tara Mines wagons will be in a Twin pack (2 Wagons per pack) of the exact same format and dimensions as the Ballast Wagon (and Cement Bubble) packs.

The price will be just € 79.95 including VAT for the twin pack, representing the lowest cost per wagon to date, and reflecting our much improved controls and costs by now working directly with our factory in China!

We're due to see prototypes of the Tara wagons shortly, and will have updates then in terms of ordering - thanks for your patience on that one!

That is an amazing price Stephen. I was already seriously committed to buying them whatever the pricing was. I also have to say that in a time that lots of folks have had to tighten the purse strings pricing like that makes the hobby inclusive for them and IRM deserve huge credit for that.

Rich,

• Thanks 1

As ould Mr Brennan says ' no matter how bad things get - there's always something to look forward to!'....and by God this is certainly true with you boyos at Irish Railway Models Ltd ! Since yer launch, I have been constantly amazed at the level of commitment to sheer perfection in your models to date and for future releases. I look with absolute pride in my rake of ballast wagons and eagerly await the bubbles with 5 packs ordered to date (for Jaysus sake say nothing to Mrs O!).

As regards project 4, It goes without saying that I will be dipping into my holiday fund to get a rake of what ever beauties they are!  Continued success to all and well done!=D

• Like 6

Reading Fran's post yesterday was exciting news. Seeing your post just now is even better Seamus . It's great to see you posting again, you were missed man. I hope everything is good with yourself and that we will see you posting again on a regular basis. This has made my day.                                                                                                                                     Rich

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, leslie10646 said:

Well, now that I know what Project 4 is, Christmas is sorted!

Well done you guys.

It really added to the fun of the day to see the queue of lads at your stand patients awaiting their bubbles!

Leslie

It must have been the busiest stand today. Did you have a good day yourself Leslie.

Rich,

Just home after a hectic day after a great dinner with the SDMRC, a great dinner and well organised show.

I would just like to say a sincere thank you to everyone for their patience and their custom today. I talked to a lengthy list of people, familar faces and new ones too! 

As you may have seen elsewhere, the bubbles arrived about 4pm. It was brilliant to finally see them arrive and recieve great feedback on everything.

Looking forward to doing it again tomorrow!

• Like 2

Ah, Rich, that'd be telling' (but thanks for asking, I'm certainly not complaining!) - I can afford to buy some of Project Four!

Great to see a lot of my regular customers - some who have been buying Provincial Wagons since the start TEN years ago!

A brave few thousand wagons spread, literally Worldwide, since then.

Thanks to those who came by today - I'll be at Blackrock for the rest of the weekend! Great event as always. Well done SDMRC.

• Like 1

You have certainly filled some big holes in the market Leslie and continued good luck to you.

Rich,

47 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Just home after a hectic day after a great dinner with the SDMRC, a great dinner and well organised show.

I would just like to say a sincere thank you to everyone for their patience and their custom today. I talked to a lengthy list of people, familar faces and new ones too! 

As you may have seen elsewhere, the bubbles arrived about 4pm. It was brilliant to finally see them arrive and recieve great feedback on everything.

Looking forward to doing it again tomorrow!

Good to hear Fran glad you all had a great day. From what I have been told yourself and Pat played a blinder. Enjoy tomorrow and Monday, also try and see the layouts on display if you get some time.

Rich,

• Like 1

Just to remind everyone that we are doing a special for the orange bubbles this weekend only, both at the show and online. If ordering online use the discount code Orange for the two pack deal, and orangerake for the four pack deal!

If you’re after the ballast rake deal the code is ballastrake :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well what a weekend! Thank you to everyone who stopped by for a chat, collected orders and made purchases!

Remember, our online sale on orange bubbles and ballast wagons runs until midnight tonight! Dont miss out on a bargain! Save €25 on two packs of orange bubbles (discount code ORANGE), save an incredible €75 for four packs (discount ORANGERAKE)! €20 off two packs of ballasts (code BALLAST)and €50 off three packs (BALLASTRAKE)

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

As Fran said, what a weekend!

It was great to meet up with familiar faces (even a few I hadn't seen in almost 18 years!) as well as meeting many new customers. Thank you all for your patience in waiting for the bubbles to arrive, and we hope you're all happy with them now they're finally arriving. Astonishingly, we're almost completely sold out of Pack As (the 'Irish Cement'-liveried bubbles) just over 48 hours after they landed, while Pack B isn't far behind.

Speaking of which, I've just chatted to the production manager at the factory and the remainder of the bubbles are nearing completion (the balance of Pack B, along with Packs C and D), so they'll hopefully be shipping out before the end of the week.

In the meantime, there's no rest for the wicked: over the coming days there's CAD to be completed and production slots to be booked for upcoming projects...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

And the packing into parcels, QC process, trick or treating....

One of these days we might get a day off 😂

You can have a day off after you guys take over the ailing Hornby and give Bachmann some proper competition at the high end of the UK market. :-bd

• Funny 1

Just now, Warbonnet said:

And the packing into parcels, QC process, trick or treating....

One of these days we might get a day off 😂

Ah you really love it though Fran. To be honest IRM has been like winning the lottery for me as freight has always been far more interesting than passenger workings.

Rich,

• Like 1

Just now, Warbonnet said:

I do Rich, it's good craic I have to be honest! But a LOT of work too! 

True Fran but when IRM are into model number six it will feel well worth it. There must be no better feeling than seeing the models going to new homes and  in use. I saw 112 in Waterford west 10-11 years ago with a rake of 12 bubbles behind it on route to Limerick, I remember saying to myself if only.

Rich,

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Ah now Noel, that would mean devaluing my collection of Brit outline

Awe diddums! Yea, well you Four Musketeers have now devalued all non-IRM rolling stock - so high has the bar been raised  =D  

PS: Do you have a spare ladder? :)

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, RedRich said:

True Fran but when IRM are into model number six it will feel well worth it. There must be no better feeling than seeing the models going to new homes and  in use. I saw 112 in Waterford west 10-11 years ago with a rake of 12 bubbles behind it on route to Limerick, I remember saying to myself if only.

Rich,

f Waterford June 2005 DSC03014

112 at Waterford 12 years ago, slightly more than 12 in tow! Memories!

Ernie

• Like 5