Worsley Works ParkRoyal build

Rate this topic

Magpie1951

Hi Magpie and welcome to the site. I have moved your thread from the layout section to the workbench section as it's better suited to this area.

Fantastic work, and looks great so far. Have you found the kit difficult to build? Would like some Park Royals myself...

Hey lads here is a few picks of Worsley Works Park Royal kit I'm building at the moment, enjoy.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1873[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1874[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1875[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1876[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1877[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1878[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1879[/ATTACH]

Hi Magpie and welcome to the site. I have moved your thread from the layout section to the workbench section as it's better suited to this area.

Fantastic work, and looks great so far. Have you found the kit difficult to build? Would like some Park Royals myself...

Hi Warbonnet thanks for moving the thread, I meant to put it in the wrokbench area. It's more of a scratch aid than a kit but with a little patience it goes together pretty easy although this is about the 8th one of these kits I've made!

Welcome to the site Magpie

The Park Royal looks great ,what livery will it be in?

Thanks BABYGM It's going to be in CIE black and tan Livery . I'm just finishing the interior at the moment and I'll post up pictures when it's finished.

That looks great so far, put some pic's up when it's painted. I was wondering how the kit looked, now i know. I might get a couple.

What did you use for the roof & bogies?

Hi popeye , for the roof I used cooper craft RFC TTS 61' 6" bow end ex tourist stock roof and for the bogies I used Bachmann commwealth bogies.

Looking very good Magpie, how did you do the roof?

The Worsley Works coaches are fairly basic but fairly simple to build http://www.worsleyworks.co.uk/NG/NG_NIL_Art1.htm.

Hi John I did it similar to your technique as in I widened the roof and glued it into place so the roof as you can see in the third picture is part of the main structure of the body from the start. As stated above I used a cooper craft 61' 6" roof which neede to be widened in the midlle and reshaped at the sides to match the contours of the coach. Then the waist bands were added using micro strips of plastic and MJT torpedo vents( the small type ) were added as well. When I've finished , I'll try and post up the process I use from start to finish for everyone with all the parts I used. Again thanks for all the complements.

Edited by Magpie1951

Guest hidden-agenda

Welcome aboard Magpie (i was wondering if you got the pm) that,s a brilliant job you have done and the end result looks first class.

Welcome aboard Magpie (i was wondering if you got the pm) that,s a brilliant job you have done and the end result looks first class.

You took the words right out of my mouth Gareth, it looks amazing Magpie great work =D. The talk through and explanations are great and should spur more people to have a go.

Rich,

Hi yes thanks, I got your message was just a little busy so took my time coming over to the new site. Thanks again for pointing me in the direction of here it's quite a step up from the old one.

You took the words right out of my mouth Gareth, it looks amazing Magpie great work =D. The talk through and explanations are great and should spur more people to have a go.

Rich,

Hi Rich I plan on doing a full guide maybe in the blog section on how to build one of these kits including the process , the materials used and where to source them and also the many pitfalls I ran into along the way. It'll be a couple of weeks though cause I'm trying to finish about four or five kits at the moment but I'll keep taking as many detailed pictures as I can so I can illustrate everything as well.

Edited by Magpie1951

Welcome to this site (with possibility of a bit of prompting). I have been watching this project on the "old site" with interest. Doing Park Royal carriages as always been a long term ambition of mine so am keen to see how it’s done. Excellent work, keep the posts coming.

Hi yes thanks, I got your message was just a little busy so took my time coming over to the new site. Thanks again for pointing me in the direction of here it's quite a step up from the old one.

Hi Rich I plan on doing a full guide maybe in the blog section on how to build one of these kits including the process , the materials used and where to source them and also the many pitfalls I ran into along the way. It'll be a couple of weeks though cause I'm trying to finish about four or five kits at the moment but I'll keep taking as many detailed pictures as I can so I can illustrate everything as well.

Please do that Magpie, as the more material we have to draw from will only improve us all as modellers. I forgot to welcome you to the group as well Magpie so welcome and it's good to have you here.

Rich,

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Lads thanks for all the compliments. Her's one more pic along side a Murphy's Cravens coach. See what you think as I tried to match a close as possible the paint and details of the Park Royal.

I have more of these to build along with Laminate brake standards and Laminate std opens so when I start these next week I'll document each step and stick it up in the blog section as a guide for everyone

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg