Branchline Wanderer

Rate this topic

Speedy

1 hour ago, Speedy said:

Details : https://www.steamtrainsireland.com/whats-on/25/branchline-wanderer

Anyone from on here planning on going on this next year, Dublin to Waterford, Limerick and back to Dublin? Are these trips geared towards the nerdy train spotters or is it suitable for anyone?

I've only been on one RPSI rail tour and enjoyed it. It is suitable for anyone. However most of the pax are 'enthusiasts' with many getting off at station stops to take photos and video and listen to the loco sounds, especially loco runarounds, etc, lots of heads stuck out windows with cameras, etc!!! :) It was like watching the paparazzi pack chasing a celebrity - 200 cameras running down the platform as loco ran around the train. The cravens are very comfortable and snack food was available from the catering coach.

I have noticed the RPSI has returned to the stone age with a paper booking form, instead of online which they used for the last trip.  I certainly won't be booking unless they make it an online process (e.g. eventbrite, etc).  It is truly stone age to use paper these days and I'm sure minimises their sales.

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2017 at 10:30 PM, Noel said:

I have noticed the RPSI has returned to the stone age with a paper booking form, instead of online which they used for the last trip.  I certainly won't be booking unless they make it an online process (e.g. eventbrite, etc).  It is truly stone age to use paper these days and I'm sure minimises their sales.

Best to write them a letter of complaint, or use their 'inter-net' cyberspace position - AOL Keyword: RPSISTEAMTRAINSINIRELAND

Was looking into this again over Christmas and noticed they now have a way of purchasing tickets online via a ticket sales website, adds €3 or €4 to the price per ticket but kids tickets not available this way, they need to be purchased via post

5 hours ago, Speedy said:

Was looking into this again over Christmas and noticed they now have a way of purchasing tickets online via a ticket sales website, adds €3 or €4 to the price per ticket but kids tickets not available this way, they need to be purchased via post

The kids tickets not available is because of the way the booking site works, the more ticket options increases the price for everybody and children's tickets are a small portion on those tours.