High end R-T-R Dutch van. ( rebuilt)

Rate this topic

John-r

Hi all,

.           Didn't want to take the mk2a thread off topic,. so thought I would throw this about and see what happens.

Now I could be wrong , but I think there are more than a few likeminded people as well as myself who would 

.           really like to see the above Dutch van ,in my case both unrebuilt and rebuilt being produced to a high spec,

.           Preferably by the  IRM team. ( no pressure lads) . Maybe if we had enough intrest the lads or someone .     

might give it some serious consideration ( just a thought)  and not trying to take anything away from what

.          the lads are planning.      I know in the recent poll the Dutch van didn't make any waves,

.              But maybe  just. maybe  someday ? .

regards john

• Like 2

John

As you'll appreciate, there's an enormous amount to a commercial decision to invest the time and energy into any particular project. I've been on at the lads for the case for Sambo, which no doubt will sell in the millions. It's "on file, in a filing cabinet" which makes me hopeful too :)

R. 

• Funny 1

12 minutes ago, Glenderg said:

John

As you'll appreciate, there's an enormous amount to a commercial decision to invest the time and energy into any particular project. I've been on at the lads for the case for Sambo, which no doubt will sell in the millions. It's "on file, in a filing cabinet" which makes me hopeful too :)

R. 

Yep, I have the file on Sambo - well, the brief memo on Sambo - in here. Somewhere.

books-1281581_1920.jpg

• Funny 3

Have to say myself at least would be all over some Dutch Vans. I know the volume sales issues and all that but would still be well up there for models I'd love to have part of the collection. 

Just thinking of the 5 MM Mk2D EGVs, they all sold very well if I recall correctly. There are alot of Cravens, Mk2A sets and RPSI Mk2 sets crying out for a Dutch Van.

Nothing to stop a group to commission the Chinese to produce a rtr injection moulded or brass Dutch Van or anything else for that matter there is sufficient demand 2-3000 units injected moulded plastic 2-300 units @ $50-60 ready to run in brass at about $500 a throw.

An other alternative would be to engage a professional model maker like Mike Edge to produce a master to the required specification and produce a rtr model in polyurethane resin volume would reduce to around 50 units @ $100-150 for a complete ready to run model.

John

8 hours ago, Glenderg said:

John

R. 

While you doing a Sambo, could you do a Pat as well?

Pattheshunter.jpg

• Like 2

Unfortunately I doubt the economic numbers would stack up for an injection moulded RTR model due to the small quantities. 

Interesting thread back here: 

The SF dutch van below isn't bad, I've two RTRs and one kit which is about to be sprayed RPSI green to run with Mk2a RPSI set.  The mods to make the rebuilt version that ran with the mk2 coaches isn't huge (see DC kits pic below this one)

IMG_4818.jpg

DC kits version

gi_14_7_700_466.jpg

Edited by Noel
multiple typos
  • Informative 1

Right so , a high end rtr Dutch van doesn't seem to ruffle to many feathers,. and I thought like Richie they would shift in their 

millions 😂 .   Okay plan B now this is not about who makes the unrebuilt van ,but is the sf van of the right shape and look

as I really can't tell ,would much work be needed if not. Secondly dc kits are not stocking the rebuilt Dutch van any more,

so I was thinking does this also have the right look and feel about it ,and if so if enough people expressed interest could doc kits

be approached about a small run, or as jm replied contact a professional model maker. I can also see it would have to be cost effective for anybody to give it a go. like i say if enough expressed intrest we could go from there.

bit long winded this reply , sorry about that.    also if anyone wants to pm me their personal view  on the current  available 

dutch vans I would maybe prefer this as I don't want to offend anyone,  just maybe buy 3/4 vans that's all.