Irish Railway Rambler - new book

Rate this topic

Hi ,

Well Santa was kind with a new book, Irish Railway Rambler by Micheal McMahon from Colourpoint`s fine stable! ISBN 978-1-78073-075-2.

A great set of pics and extended captions  with good pics to help modellers. I have now  read it fairly well twice and to my untrained view a good read and worth my 16 earth pounds - other currencies available !

Robert 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Some excellent photos. Michael always had an eye for the rare, little seen, and unusual.

You will note the emphasis on passenger trains. To our younger readers this may not be noticeable as the railways for many years now have had few, or zero, goods trains on any line. But in Michael's time this was not the case - few lines DIDN'T have goods trains.

So where are they?

Well, a wee birdy suggests that he may have a follow up at some stage with some of the freight GEMS he has......

Drooling welcome.

....and, I might add, the possibility (time allowing) is that Rails Through Somewhere Else might see the light of day....it's been discussed, but time is not plentiful......!

• Informative 1