Polyurethene Resin Casting

Rate this question

GNRi1959

Question

5 answers to this question

I've a lot of admiration for folk with the skills, time and perseverance to make a success of resin moulding. Having watched a good number of informative youtube's on it, I think I'll stick to plastic card, 3D prints, and using good quality resin parts made by others who have the skills to do it accurately and neatly. David's excellent wagons in the link above are a good example of success with this medium.

4 minutes ago, Noel said:

I've a lot of admiration for folk with the skills, time and perseverance to make a success of resin moulding. Having watched a good number of informative youtube's on it, I think I'll stick to plastic card, 3D prints, and using good quality resin parts made by others who have the skills to do it accurately and neatly. David's excellent wagons in the link above are a good example of success with this medium.

Noel, my feeling is that if you have the patience to build a very detailed 'master', then the obvious development from here would be to cast it and replicate it as many times as required. I don't imagine it will be 'plain sailing' but I think building multiple individual wagons is very time consuming. I love working with plasticard but it would be nice to see what results I can get from casting.