Bray late 50s and Hill

Rate this topic

TinTin

Its good to be here ,never done this before .thank you all for having me . I have got my space sorted ,now it’s time to do what  I always 

wanted to do . Bray hill ... this is only my second  attempt at doing a model but I have been collecting for a long time now .

so here goes . 

Layout size is 16 x11 . I’ll put up some photos . So far . 

C3FA4CE3-7AB9-4EA2-991A-C3EAE9879679.jpeg

F6C941F2-2D1C-4F4C-A1A3-01A715F07886.jpeg

EBF0AC7A-D98E-4755-85BB-B2F167A3F6C8.jpeg

• Like 3

Thank you Murray it’s something I always wanted to do . With space also ,, and yes 

bray station is a tight squeeze and to add a turn table I never knew they had . 

N scale would be great .ideal . 

As im finding out with OO points ad length to the model very easy. And there is not a lot of photos or track plans . Lol

i have done what seems a lot of research,looking at lots of internet. 

And came across the ordence survey maps . After I done research lol

im going for dcc this time .lets see how I get on.

85F03C41-13B0-4C35-A260-29F8459DD683.jpeg

4B846269-24E3-4077-B943-6F8EBC5C8917.jpeg

• Like 4

Hi TinTin

Not sure if you are referring to a paper OS map or the OS map website, the website is very handy and here is a link of the Historic 25" map zoomed in on the Bray Station, not sure if the settings are retained in the link;-  http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V2,726897,718756,11,9

Also, You might be aware of the Bray Enniskerry Railway?, it was almost built- a lot of ground works done, when things went wrong for the company and the works were abandoned to the scapman. It ran from the terminus at the Cattle pens at the eastern side of Carlisle Grounds and swung west to the Bray River (The Dargle) and followed the river up to Enniskerry- it could make a nice talking point on any Bray Station layout!

Eoin

• Informative 1

Hi TinTin

Looking good, your flying along....

A hand held hot wire foam cutter is the tool for cutting the board with minimum mess, Proxxon do a nice unit 'Thermocut 12/E' but is a bit more expensive than most, it's advantage is that it has an articulated arm and allied with solid .85mm nichrome wire one can cut all kinds of shapes. Woodland Scenics,  Hobbies are others.....

Do a goggle search and take a look at the photos

Eoin

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Hi everyone here is a few more shots . Things have moved on a little . Any feed back welcome . 

Still trying to get  the stones right , but working on it . 

Have track down on hill  . Not sure if I lam happy with it yet but we will see. Hope to get more done over the next week .

working long hours and very little time for model . Thanks A

• Like 2

9 hours ago, seanrail said:

Lovely photograph, Noel. Nice shot of Bray Hill.

Thought it might be useful for TinTin.  It was taken early one summers morning after a long sail up from Cork with the tide.  Just got lucky when a DMU (2x00) appeared snaking through the tunnels.  Have a video clip somewhere.

Edited by Noel
Twas a DMU not a dart that appeared
  • Informative 1

Very old video clip taken with long lens from the sea, hence the motion and camera shake, but gives an interesting perspective on the Bray head rail line as a three set DMU passes by. Hope its of some use to TinTin.

Actually I think there was a Dart and a DMU in the mix of pics and video.

5a8bf0280cae7_DSCF30012.thumb.jpg.7f1f37db5778e26c3f454ef87b84a473.jpg

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

Thanks guys . And Noel great help ,,and video will be grand ,right spot too. 

Its true build it and it will come . (Train that is )

funny part about building a mountain  like this is the more I build on to it ,the more the photos change .like every part 

you look at looks different from different angles.

Always  been drawn to this mountain in some way . ( close in counters film ) I can’t quit put my finger on it ...but now I can . Lol

ps .if i can’t get track laid in side mountain ,,I won’t be able to retrieve derailments. 

Thank everyone keep you posted. Tin Tin

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys . 

Track is down and running on dc to test at the moment .  Track in bray station still a bit rough as I am using new and used points .

and fitting it all in the space I have is turning out to be a challenge in its self . N scale would be the way to go ,as to fit every tunnel  in as so forth . 

Looking for the history on the net ,photos and such I find a lot of the same taken in the same spotes over the years that the beauty spot that it is lol .. 

with help from Noel’s video clip helped in more ways than one total deferent angle and view ...... Thanks Noel 👍