Double Beet Wagons Decals

Rate this question

RobertRoche

Question

4 answers to this question

Robbie, 

Hope the attached photo helps with locations. Open to correction here, but I believe that D-LK is brake test carried out in Limerick, GR-LK is General Repair, and ULT is ultrasonic, carried out in the North Wall. First two are generally grouped together since they are usually done at the same time. R. 

Beet_Decal_Locations.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Informative 2

7 hours ago, Glenderg said:

Hope the attached photo helps with locations. Open to correction here, but I believe that D-LK is brake test carried out in Limerick, GR-LK is General Repair, and ULT is ultrasonic, carried out in the North Wall. First two are generally grouped together since they are usually done at the same time. R. 

Thanks, that is interesting!

Were the markings on both sides of the wagon? The above picture shows the side without the brake gear..

Is it the month and year noted under under each?

Always on both sides, but no reason nor rhyme to placement, so long as they are along the solebar. 

It's down as 12-04 for the first two (December 2004) and there'd be a few months between the ULT test usually, so it might be ULT 5-05.  Interesting to note the alternative placement of running number between lower left and centrally on the doors when compared with my photo above...

High-Sided Open Wagons

• Like 1